Check out these shortrakers!

F
fishfreak13
These fish were taken on a dragger about 100mi WNW of Newport at 350 fathoms on a dragger. Gotta love getting paid to work with fish like this! :dance:

CIMG5413.jpg

BRW
Fisheries Biologist
NOAA/AOI
Newport, OR

A
ArcticAmoeba
Impressive. My god the one is fat! Great line of work for sure. What boat are you on in the picture?

F
fishfreak13
I can't release any information regarding boat names or registration numbers in any pictures I take :(

A
ArcticAmoeba
No doubt. I have a couple friends who are fisheries bios as well, and work for both private research groups, and the feds. But again, nice haul at some impressive depths.

S
Swamp Puppy
looking at those fish..i can empathize. i usually feel like that after a couple of beers and a pound of chili fries. :doh:

those are a couple o' hogs for sure. looks like you had a nice flat day out on the salt too.

F
fishfreak13
That day was perfect! Semi-warm, no wind, and flat flat. Unfortunately, that day was followed w/wind and waves crashing over my head while I was trying to weigh and measure samples lol. I guess it comes with the territory :lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Talk about a 'big gulp'!

Talk about a 'big gulp'!

fishfreak13;
Oh my! Those are very cool,not to mention very fat fish. :shock: I wonder if the one in your right hand is Lil Smork that I flushed about 20 years ago. I swear I thought he was dead. :think:
Seriously,very impressive. Sounds like you have THE dream job for a dedicated fisher folk. Unlike most folks who would love to trade jobs with you,I am a self admitted landlubber and will stay within reach of good old dirt! I can't even imagine going 100 miles out there without at least a big,fat battle ship under me! Forget the dramamine,I would need a bucket of Valium to even get on the boat (ship?). :naughty: I applaud your fearlessness. :clap: Be safe.
Barb

M
mikeredding
Holy smokes. Those are Hawgs!

J
joeyota
Those are definitely the biggest gold fish I have ever seen! Very cool. What are they fishing for out there or are those it?

C
Chass
WOW, thats deep and a LONG ways out. So did you get to eat them? Those are HUGE!

Chass
ct