nwkiller
I'll have a report when i return....hittin the slawski

W
waco
Good luck! Btw where is the river at?

P
plumb2fish
Waco,
The Siuslaw..."slawski" is west of Eugene...
nwkiller,
it is really low right now, but there should be fish holding in the lower river. I would give the Dollar Hole a shot on the outgoing tide....for that matter park at Farnham Landing and follow the tide out from there until you get into the back yard of the "white house"....should be getting pretty fishy in there with the water as low as it is....probably be a decent amount of pressure from the forks down to rain rock, but I would be willing to bet that no one is wading below farnham.....If you haven't tried this stretch of water when its low like it presently is(and I would be willing to bet you haven't)...you are missing out. I know that you like to spinner fish for steelhead, but some of this area is tide water and is only streamlike when the tide is going out....try to drift some bait(probably no weight) or bobber fish with a jig, eggs or piece of prawn or sand shrimp....I guarantee that there are fish in this section right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raincatcher
N
nwkiller
landed all the wrong fish....the one that got away

landed all the wrong fish....the one that got away

thanks plumb2....wish i woulda checked back here again before i went out......a bunch of people and no water.......decided to hall a$$ to another river

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
.......got there just intime for a decent first light......tossed in some fishy looking holes for a bit. locked into my first fish around 7:30....& pound buck coho safley released.......moved up to the next hole....Fish on, Big buck Chrome coho....gave a me a great fight...released him after feeding him the plire sandwich (ina good way).....next fish came a few holes later.....big steelhead this time....was in a very bad spot to land a fish...got her to the bank....she tore line back down through this crazy hole in the rocks and back to the current....now i have a chrome bright steely on, but now i have to bring it back through.....some how i coaxed the fish back threw the hole..back to the bank...just as i saw it was a "hatchy" she ran back out again...doing back flips in the air and the hole 9....got her back over to the bank just to have the hook come loose (not sure how, looked like i had its mouth pinned shut).....nice 10-11 pound fish....kinda looked more like a super healthy summer steelhead.....she put up an amazing fight and deserved her freedom!.......next fish came later in the day on the way back to the car....hooked into a nice 10 pound coho that swam away ending our day. Some raw videos will be on my Blog ina few minutes..for some reason they wont have sound...all the buck coho had my line wrapped around there snouts...and the one that takes a second to revive....all he needed was his belly rubbed, then OFF he went...no pictures sorry all fish were released after the hook pop......great day