Charlton Lake Fishing

C
cowboysfan
I was checking out new places to go on google earth and found Charlton lake just east of waldo, fishing report says it has large and small mouth, catfish, walleye, and trout. Has anyone ever fished it, I did find out from a guy at work the road to it from the east side is a very rough road. anyone with info please chime in.

D
dtikey
yup nice lake only know of nice brookies being in thier but that was just talking with people fishing the bank.I archeery elk hunt behind the lake and yes it is a rough road from the east side in and would be better for you to just drive over 58 and turn up waldo then at the charlton lake turn you only got 1/2 mile on crappy road.Hope this helps and bring lots of deet

M
minnowmagnet
brookies in Charlton Lake

I am pretty sure there are no largemouth, smallmouth, walleye, or catfish in Charlton Lake. What you will find are nice brook trout. I haven't mastered catching them, but I'm sure you will. I usually catch fish while trolling there in a kayak or raft. Don't go until late August unless you want to get absolutely hammered by mosquitoes. Even then, you might need a blood transfusion when you get home. Yeah, that road from Cascade Lks Hwy is short but ornery.

C
cowboysfan
thanks guys i was a little skeptical about the warm water species.