Central Oregon campground thefts alert!

troutdude
troutdude
From a trout fishing page on Facebook:

"for my central oregon folks that are local to Bend keep an eye out for ton of kokanee rods reels and tackle box's being sold on Craigslist or marketplace gull point campground got hit hard last night 4 different camps got robbed sometime after 2 am me and one other camp were only ones that were spared from these garbage human beings one camp lost 18 rods 7 of which were leaned up against there tent they even went as far as to pull expensive reals off the cheaper rods by my count 7 tackle boxes 30 rod and reel combos and probably another 10 reels stolen they only took fishing gear day before crane prairie campground got hit several thousand dollars worth of gear taken in 2 days keep your stuff locked up and keep your head on a swivel also anyone who has trail cams start setting them up when camped to keep a eye on your gear please share post to get the word out so we can catch these people"

• Wow
Reactions: Raincatcher
hobster
hobster
Man that’s weak! So aggravating! Kind of the middle of nowhere so they were on a mission. Hope they find those scumbags

Reactions: Grant22 and troutdude
Irishrover
Irishrover
Time to rig a rod with a trip wire!

Reactions: Troutski and troutdude
D
Davpot
Irishrover said:
Time to rig a rod with a trip wire!
How about using Bells!!?

Reactions: troutdude
bass
bass
That sucks, but a big thanks for the heads up @troutdude !

hobster
hobster
Crane
Prairie Reservoir: Most reports are that Crane Prairie has been slow.

There are some unfortunate incidences of thefts from rigs in campgrounds at Crane Prairie and Wickiup. The Deschutes County Sheriff has 7 cases since opening day. Be careful, and keep everything locked up.

From the fishing reports. 7 cases! Keep a lookout

• Angry