Central coast Black bass and rainbow perch are hot!

N
nwkiller
101_1567.jpg

Havent made it out to much this year yet, decided instead of possibly catching 1 fish or maybe 2 we wanted to go try are luck at some jetty fishing, obviuosly in hopes of a nice ling cod..
started out tossing sand shrimp on a slide weight maybe 15" leader...did good, caught couple small greenlings, one nice one (15") or so,
101_1568.jpg
the usual stag horns...
101_1573.jpg
..a couple really nice Rainbow perch, the biggest being around 12"-13",
101_1572.jpg
they are truley amazing looking fish, there colors make you feel like you may be in a tropical area whith white sandy beaches and clear blue water...ssssskkkkrrrrrccchhhh....whoa focus, sneaker waves.....
Began running outta sand shrimp,so we went to the earth worm, possibly one of the top Black bass baits for me, before that baby had time to roll around on the sandy, rocky bottom...KAPOW...everytime, bass from 9"-13"
101_1570.jpg
even got a nice 16" one
101_1574.jpg
sorry little dirty..... that came home with us.
It turned out to be an awesome day, the weather was alittle windy, the ocean was growling but no monster sneakers, only got spooked by one...lol
Left the fishing grounds with dinner..4 Rainbow perch, A black rock bass, and a green ling.......
coastfeb2011-1.jpg
as far as ling cod, we didn't have any chasers, there were fisherman every 40 yards or so, everyone that we talked to hadnt had any action except a few bass!

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice report nwkiller!! good dinner right there. Im gonna have to try this some time this year. probably in the middle of the summer.

N
nwkiller
Ts thanks, In the summer months, u will surley catch plenty of greenling...but the bass and perch love the winter...check my blog....thanks again, finally got to post some info

T
TTFishon
Nice catch NW!!!

C
colbypearson
awesome!

X
XFactorTackle
Nice report, looks like a good day to me. Thanks for the heads up.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
You're making me hungry.

D
Drew9870
Nice job, yea watch out for the sneaker waves, I was lost in the moment staring at my rod on a calm day today and didn't see the water splashing up until it was right there, only drenched my pants and sleeves. Wear high traction boots while walking the rocks, luckily I was standing on barnacles with some good boots.

nwkiller, do a google image search of Striped Seaperch/Surfperch, Rainbow Perch are more Orange. Black, Rainbow, and once in awhile Striped Perch can get mixed up.

M
Moe
Great job man those fish look awesome!

N
nwkiller
Drew9870 said:
Nice job, yea watch out for the sneaker waves, I was lost in the moment staring at my rod on a calm day today and didn't see the water splashing up until it was right there, only drenched my pants and sleeves. Wear high traction boots while walking the rocks, luckily I was standing on barnacles with some good boots.

nwkiller, do a google image search of Striped Seaperch/Surfperch, Rainbow Perch are more Orange. Black, Rainbow, and once in awhile Striped Perch can get mixed up.

Thanks moe!!

Drew- thanks man, you know i been told by many people different things...lol guess thats what fishing is...thanks for clearing that up....even had a officer of the law tell me those were rainbow perch couple years back......

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch I got a frezzer full of cod and bass right now. any good recipes? kinda bland but good. guess i just like my salmon/steelhead. want to maybe make some kinda of sandwich or something. maybe even pan fired then topped with some kinda of creamy something.

C
CoastieFlo
where was the 1st picture taken......? Is that looking east from about under the 101 bridge?

N
nwkiller
Thuggin.....smoked perch and bass is rediculous..try it

Coastie....thats a pic looking up river on the umpqua...looked sweet, needed to be embeded in a picture...

C
CoastieFlo
yeah thats what I thought, good looking picture. Where was that 35lb nook from on your videos? just curious.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I like mixing up pancake batter or tempura batter, adding a bit of cayenne or chili pepper powder, a couple pinches of garlic, and a half a pinch of yellow curry powder and deep frying white fishes. Works wonders with tilapia, halibut, and cod. Don't see why it won't work for sea bass and ling. Of course you've got to serve these up with home cut and fried fries or chips. Don't forget the fresh lemon wedges.

And JAFO - you get your moniker from Blue Thunder? :)