Cental Oregon late December?

R
rainbowfisherman
I will be in central oregon in a week or so. Any place i can fish thats not frozen over? Sence weve had this warm snap i think there cold be a lake or two..or a river?

Thanks

T
Thuggin4Life
You should go to crescent for them big lakers. troll big pugs down deep.

R
rainbowfisherman
unfortunatly im without a boat. It wont be snowed in right?

T
Thuggin4Life
Probably not to bad fished up with snow on the groung before. Dont think it has been snowing too bad up up there yet. Might only be open to the resort though and not all the way around the lake. You could also drive up to davis or wickiup. odot trip check can pull up road camereas and you can judge the situation a bit better.

L
livin2fish
Yaa check the reports before you go I have friends who live in lapine and there has been snow and ice there. Check your regs for where the deschutes is open It's worth fishin' lots of big browns and bows.Sounds like you have time to do some homework before you go and it would be worth it to do so it's a beautiful place to be ,anywhere up there.Let us know how it goes,be safe and Fishon.:D:D

R
rainbowfisherman
Im thinking the crooked just because i fished it before and it seems less intimadating then the deschutes

T
TTFishon
rainbowfisherman said:
unfortunatly im without a boat. It wont be snowed in right?

I think you can rent boats there.

R
rainbowfisherman
I think im gonna fish the crooked

O
OnTheFly
rainbowfisherman said:
Im thinking the crooked just because i fished it before and it seems less intimadating then the deschutes

If you're thinking the Crooked R. try giving Irishrover a holler. I believe he knows that area well.:)

R
rainbowfisherman
Yes thats the place ill send a pm

R
rainbowfisherman
I fished it briefly today very cold. Fished really low down by milepost 10ish and didn't get any fish. Tried a small scud with a trailing whitefish egg under an indicator.

O
OnTheFly
rainbowfisherman said:
I fished it briefly today very cold. Fished really low down by milepost 10ish and didn't get any fish. Tried a small scud with a trailing whitefish egg under an indicator.

Hmmmmm:think: Shoulda worked. Sounds like you did your homework.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sorry the fish didn't find your fly. Next trip if you have time try to get up to that mile post 17 area. I know they are waiting for you there.;)

R
rainbowfisherman
Ya i was going to go there but i was really short on time and then the snow started....thanks for all the advice