cedar crk.""" next wk its time boys

Diehard
Diehard
so i here theres a possibility of rain this wkend i started swing shift a couple a wks ago and now have my morn free to do what i want when i want and i want to get me a early coho from the hatchery so if we get the rain the type that brings the river up i will be down there with my bobber rod and my mini crkis and mini hks i have a question though ive been experimenting with a technique new to me the last couple of yrs drifting a fly that has a small dropper comeing off it to a egg pattern ball anyone ever try this have any success or any other weird setups that work good p.s. early in early out makes this a tolerable fishery for me :think:

M
Mike123
Good luck hope you do well!
This is Cedar Creek Clackamas? Or....

T
THE JEFF
The earlyest I have got a fish out of there was Sept.3. I like spinners in the fast water below the meathole. Also eggs in the slots of the fast water. A couple of years ago I saw a guy with a spey rod killing coho with a two fly setup. There should be some in there real soon. good luck

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yeah, I saw a guy on video using an egg pattern as one fly and a nymph as the other. Pretty effective.

Diehard
Diehard
cdr crk

cdr crk

cedar crk sandy river fish hatchery

Diehard
Diehard
flys

flys

havent had any luck with it yet but its supposed to work good on coho

M
Mike123
Diehard said:
cedar crk sandy river fish hatchery

My bad... I was thinking Eagle Creek.. lol

Isn't it a bit early for that? We've had NO measurable rain yet.. :think:

Last edited:
Diehard
Diehard
measureable rain

measureable rain

if we get some good rain this wknd the kind that brings the river up then all h'''' is gonna break loose good enough reason to get me out of the house thank god for theorys they always pump me up but by mid wk rain or not im at least gonna get a hike in plus the hatch is usually not that crowded early on and you have to earn your fish :rolleyes: