Caught a .... bird in Coos Bay

PK Yi
PK Yi
I got skunked at coos bay, but I did catch a bird.

went over to olalla afterwards for some bass fishing. got skunked on bass too so I decided to troll for trout.

B
BaldTexan
Lol. Nice! I caught a thieving seagull in Nehalem Bay last fall. He didn't put up much of a fight compared to a bait stealing duck I caught years ago.

Looks like ya had plenty of fun action trolling the tube jig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
sapo
Lol I accidentally hooked and drowned a seagull last year at nehalem :D

F
FishOn420
sapo said:
Lol I accidentally hooked and drowned a seagull last year at nehalem :D

I remember my first guided fishing trip when I was about 13/14 years old. I caught a 40 pound king salmon. But one thing happened that left me a little scarred. We were fishing the mouth of the Colombia and there were seagulls everywhere and if you didn't get your bait down fast they would get it. Well I didn't get mine down fast enough and I hooked a seagull. I thought it was pretty funny till our guide brought him into the boat and gave him a good thump with his dear antler. Then threw him into the river. Rats with wings!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
FishOn420 said:
Rats with wings!!!!

ROTFLMBO!!!

I had to once extricate, a hooked gull as well. It was OFF a dock, in Newport. Crazy!

(P.S. That one, was C & R'd...LOL)

troutdude
troutdude
BTW, Great video again Sammy.

If I'm not mistaken--I'm pretty sure that our current German Brown state record, fell prey to a crappie jig too. So, don't be dissin' those jigs buddy. :D

PK Yi
PK Yi
I hope PETA doesn't see this video, they might try to ban fishing altogether.

C
coyo7e
FishOn420 said:
I remember my first guided fishing trip when I was about 13/14 years old. I caught a 40 pound king salmon. But one thing happened that left me a little scarred. We were fishing the mouth of the Colombia and there were seagulls everywhere and if you didn't get your bait down fast they would get it. Well I didn't get mine down fast enough and I hooked a seagull. I thought it was pretty funny till our guide brought him into the boat and gave him a good thump with his dear antler. Then threw him into the river. Rats with wings!!!!
My family has a coast place with 3 foot glass wall below the railing to block wind. Unfortunately tourists love to throw their leftover bread and croutons and pet food to the gulls as they leave the nearby rentals, and the gulls will eat it all and then fly up onto our place, bloat, and then jump down to the railing where they proceed to projectile-vomit cat food and poop all over the place, all while vainly braining themselves against the glass because there's no room for takeoff and no wind currents to assist.. I've had to deal with that by hand more than a few times, and those suckers will take a piece out of your hand!

What I recommend doing with an injured/hooked/trapped bird is to toss a piece of cloth over its head (a bandana, towel, shirt, etc), it might take a couple tries but once you cover their heads it's easy as pie to deal with. If you don't want to use a cloth to cover their eyes, then WEAR GLOVES. ;)