Catfish?

B
burlajohnny
Anybody know if there is any catfish on the Columbia? Specifically around Chinook landing? I just caught a nice carp and cut him up nice and good, but I'm new to catfishing. If not, any good places for nice catfish? Thanks!

C
CESAR503
I have heard of the gilbert river in sauvies island but I haven't really tried it yet

I
igquick
Mind if you tell me how you caught that carp over there?

I haven't caught any catfish straight out of the columbia, but there are people that catch small catfish out of the backwaters from the columbia, even those ponds around there also.

hey @cesar503, what have you caught out of the gilbert? I'm curious about the gilbert river because I have a few buyers that are about to go fishing there and I don't really have good intel to tell them about it

C
CESAR503
I just went on Monday and we first were fishing at the Multnomah channel and we dident catch anything, so we went to the gilbert river, the current was kinda fast and takin our line out so we decided to just fish close to the bank and all we caught was yellow perch.

B
burlajohnny
I have a post on how I made the bait to catch it there. I posted a picture with a 22-pound hog I reeled out of the river. Check my older posts.

I
igquick
burlajohnny said:
I have a post on how I made the bait to catch it there. I posted a picture with a 22-pound hog I reeled out of the river. Check my older posts.

I look at your older posts, and I couldn't find a specific location. In your picture, it kind of looks like you were actually fishing the main channel off the bank for Chinook Landing. I mean I've seen people catch at chinook landing on the East end of the beach near the manhole, but they wait there FOREVER for a fish.

I might be asking for too much since I want a specific location, but just pm me if possible, or if you don't tell me, I understand you might want to keep your secret fishing hole a secret.

It's just I've never actually caught a carp off the columbia channel, it looks and sounds cool with the views and what not. I've only count TONS from the backwaters at chinook landing using corn, and even got an 18 lber out of it.