Catfish in the Portland area?

P
pdxjon
Where can a person go for cats in the Portland area? I used to fish Sauvies years ago but I was looking for something on the east side or south of town. Night fishing would be great I used to love it as a kid and I want to get my kids into some.

I guess I can't edit the title

Last edited:
S
ShdwmnkyX
There are supposed to be Channel Cats and Yellow Bullheads in the Columbia and Willamette. Salish Ponds off of 201 and Glisan have yellow bullheads in them, but if your going there at night park in the parking lot. There are a lot of hoodlums around there at night too burning docks and what not so make sure you have some one with you.

F
Fishtopher
Anywhere on the Willamette. Heck, we fish for Channels at the Waterfront on the East Bank under any bridge that isn't a temporary home. But I like to fish'em upriver of Willy Falls-like West Linn on the West side, and just past OC a few miles on the East side.

T
Troutier Bassier
On the colombia at Chinook landing. Follow the road to the marina and go past the sherrifs dock. Then you will see a little trial that will take you straight to the mouth of the little slough that flows there. Fish there with Shrimp or worms. Good luck

P
pdxjon
Thanks for the replies. I'm in Milwaukie and I was thinking about just heading down and trying where Kellogg empties in to the Willy. A person seems to forget about the 3 minute drive.

D
dangerranger
There are cats in the Tualatin... Ive cought em in there during the day with worms.... Never Fished it at night

P
pdxjon
Thanks for the response. Do you eat out of the Tualatin?

D
dangerranger
Ive never eaten any fish out of it but one of my buddies at work cought a ton of crawfish out of it and ate them and never got sick or anything. Im sure youd be ok as long as you cooked it very well

B
beaverfan
Within moderation you would be fine eating the fish out of there, the problem would come if you ate it regularly like 3 or 4 times a month or more.