Catfish in Southern Oregon?

71roadrunnerman
Where are some places to catch catfish in southern oregon? Anywere have any catfish besides bullheads? Any info would be great. Thanks

Reactions: OnTheFly
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Check these

Check these

71roadrunnerman said:
Where are some places to catch catfish in southern oregon? Anywere have any catfish besides bullheads? Any info would be great. Thanks

71roadrunnerman;
Welcome to the best darn fishing forum in the whole dang country! If you want friendly fisher folk willing to share most anything having to do with fishing,you landed on the mother lode. Please be sure to check the archives for tons of info and links like these two (since I don't have the 411 for you personally. Good luck and be sure to come back to let us know how you do. I will be down early next week to give Applegate a shot.
Be safe.
Barb

S
Scarecro
theres some folks around here who just head down to the lake at night to catfish. never have stuck around to see if they do catch one but they do say theyre in there. Just go buy a cpl things at your local tackle store and ask around. fisherman are some of the most friendly people around. every time ive asked someone for something they have answered politely and enthusiastically.

EDIT: Sutherlin here.

Reactions: OnTheFly
M
Mad dog
Emigrant lake might have a fishable population of channel cats??? Not to much for catfishing in southern Oregon.

I know it's not southern Oregon, but....a lot of the No-Cal reservoirs have some decent channel cat action, used to get some nice ones in lake Shasta.

T
Throbbit _Shane
In september there was a 32inch channel cat caught from Emigrant.

Last time i caught catfish was years ago at the main pond on Gregory road.

H
Hawk
Throbbit _Shane said:
In september there was a 32inch channel cat caught from Emigrant.

Last time i caught catfish was years ago at the main pond on Gregory road.

That is Cool...:cool:

I would have released the Cat though, back into the lake.

Lustrums ago i caught (many times c&r) Channel Catfish in California. In the Delta/ Mendota canal & the CA Aquaduct. Caught some bigguns & Striped Bass too, using Pileworms.

:lol::lol::lol:

:cool: