Catfish in Columbia

I
Ifishforfood
i fish the columbia a lot, andd was wondering if anybody has any spots for cats from the I-205 bridge, to the sandy river. i would like some spots where the fish are edible, if possible. i dont have a boat either. thanks!

S
sturgeonslayer
if you like cats you should go to the snake river around mid may i went last year and it was great!!!

H
Hawk
Folks have also done pretty good fer catfish in Brownlee Res by Richland. Crappie here too.

:D

B
beaverfan
The Columbia would be tough to fish from the bank for Channel Cats. They will be out deeper in the channel. Unless you got a boat to drop your line half way across the river you're bait will just get munched by a Bullhead.

I
Ifishforfood
well, i still have the bass and panfish to look forward to. thanks for the advice. i was wondering, are there any spots for bullhead cats? im not particularly picky on what type of cats they are, just as long as they got whiskers, and fight. and i can eat'em.lol

B
beaverfan
Ya you can get them almost anywhere. Look for sandy bottom and try fishing at night for them. Like catfish they are way more active at night.

I
Ifishforfood
that must be why i dont catch many of them. i never night fish for cats, but i definitely will this summer. do you have any advice on baits? i know that chicken or beef liver, or worms work pretty good.

K
kornphlake
I've caught plenty of bullhead cats in the columbia slough, wouldn't recommend eating them though.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
I have seen people catch some at the Dalton point boat ramp1 OFF i84

X
X24
Chicken liver, some sort of homemade flavored dough ball/stink bait. They are predators and yet another reason I wish you could use live fish as bait. Remember the bigger the fish your going for the bigger the bait needs to be.

F
Fishtopher
I would try above the Sandy river. From my experience, they shy away from the colder water running into the C.
And just because you are fishing for Channel Cats, doesn't mean you have to fish in the deepest water you can find.