Catfish and bass fishing at Henry Hagg

F
fishingfreak
I am planning a trip with my wife, Nieces, and Nephews next weekend. We will be trying to land Bass and Catfish. If anyone has any tips for bait and locations we would appreciate it.

Thanks,
LA

T
The Nothing
the cats can be kinda elusive. but fish a worm off the bottom, and everything in the lake is likely to eat it

S
Subacca
Anything special about fishing a worm from the bottom? I assume they don't float so your basicly just letting the worm sit on the bottom right?

T
troutmasta
Subacca said:
Anything special about fishing a worm from the bottom? I assume they don't float so your basicly just letting the worm sit on the bottom right?

Do have a boat? If so go to the willy in newberg. Savage bass and they have catfish to. If not Detroit reservoir has a pretty good catfish populaiton at the E. end of the reservoir. About the worm just run some form of slider weight above a little swivel then about a 2 foot leader to let the worm drift around down there and BAMMO. If you jig the worm across the bottom the bass will hit it. If you do go the willy PM me and I will give you detailed directions to the bass HONEY HOLE! If fishing the bottom I like to use florocarbon leader. But im sure it wont matter with the catfish.

L
Left Bank
fishingfreak said:
I am planning a trip with my wife, Nieces, and Nephews next weekend. We will be trying to land Bass and Catfish. If anyone has any tips for bait and locations we would appreciate it.

I'm not sure about catfish but I know that the Scoggins arm is the place I head to on Hagg for bass. I use hardbait or worms. Crappie have also been biting very good lately with a worm on the bottom in just about any arm in the evenings.

T
troutmasta
my bad i missed the hagg lake part

F
fishingfreak
Thanks for the input Left bank. It doesn't matter troumasta where we go, any input is deeply appreciated just so the kids catch some fish. Oh ya me too!

L
Left Bank
Hope you have good luck and your kids have a great time!!! Hagg is a good spot because you have a choice of bass, crappie and trout if any particular one isn't tuggin your line.