Catching trout in the Siletz

N
nxx10
im going camping on the siletz and im fishing whenever I can and I want to give trout a try what is the best way to catch them?

troutdude
troutdude
You may stumble onto, some early returning SRC's in the lower stretches. Try a Borden Special fly subsurface; or a hot pink Rooster Tail.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I second Troutdude. Also try a black with yellow spotted Panther martin lure. The cutthroat love them!

N
nxx10
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I second Troutdude. Also try a black with yellow spotted Panther martin lure. The cutthroat love them!
thanks guys any thing about catching salmon from the docks im up river from cyote rock and I was also curious if there are crawfish in the siletz

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Theres a ton of crawdads in the Siletz. Just go wading in shallow water and you can pick them up

N
nxx10
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Theres a ton of crawdads in the Siletz. Just go wading in shallow water and you can pick them up
have you ever tried crawdad like lures

H
halibuthitman
catch a crawdad peel its tail and bait it like a prawn on an egg hook..... crawdad tail is better than roe in my opinion.. steelhead and big src's slam the **** out it-

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I also agree with halibut on this one. Trout love crawdad tails and it doesn't hurt to put some orange yarn on the hook as well. It acts as an attractant

N
nxx10
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I also agree with halibut on this one. Trout love crawdad tails and it doesn't hurt to put some orange yarn on the hook as well. It acts as an attractant
orange spinners would that help?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I've caught a few on Orange spinners but black/yellow and pink ones work best

N
nxx10
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I've caught a few on Orange spinners but black/yellow and pink ones work best
got some yarn gonna give it a shot

T
Thoreau
I would fish fly's on the upper Siletz, but spinners work well too. Fly fishing around Moonshine Park is the best.

N
nxx10
Thoreau said:
I would fish fly's on the upper Siletz, but spinners work well too. Fly fishing around Moonshine Park is the best.
im gonna be not too far upstream of cyote rock