Catching squid

M

micah_man1

Ok, this is my third thread to start here, and it's another stupid question.:confused: (I'm going to fish the south jetty in Newport monday, and I'll try to post something when I get back, that is helpfull, rather then my normal line of questioning...) That said; where can I catch squid, and what's an effective way to do so?

M

madoc

Ok, this is my third thread to start here, and it's another stupid question.:confused: (I'm going to fish the south jetty in Newport monday, and I'll try to post something when I get back, that is helpfull, rather then my normal line of questioning...) That said; where can I catch squid, and what's an effective way to do so?

Not stoopid at all - I've been interested in all of the threads, as a lot of people ignore things like squid, herring, anchovies etc in favor of anything that isn't commonly used as bait.

Now, that said, I have no idea if squid are where you are planning on going, but as far as I know, most people rig up a squid jig
check this out.
Squid Jigs - Martinetti Squid Jigs at the Squid Jig Warehouse

If anyone else can help, I'd like to know as well.

Because if you can't catch the big fish, may as well eat the bait.

M

micah_man1

I used to have nightmares about sitting on that thing and getting it stuck in a body cavity. It's the most wicked assortment of hooks you will ever see...[/
B]

Oooh... a squid lure enema does NOT sound fun...:shock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom