catch salmon steelhead every time out!!!

A
Aceking
I herd WD 40 works for sturgeon.

I
I Grade
OMG....WD40....Why dont you just dump a barrel of oil in the river while you are at it? Its a pollutant that contains hydrocarbons and silicone and all sorts of other nasty garbage that you dont want in the river where your prospective fish breathe and feed. Just not a very earth friendly idea man.

I Grade

F
FishSchooler
WD 40 was made for the mechanics... not fishermen. I dont see WD 40 in the fishing sections either.

M
mgdguy
I Grade - spot on. It's too damaging - don't use it to scent bait.

Schooler - a valiant effort. But I don't see Peeps candy in the fishing section either ;) (Just bustin your chops, I know what you're trying to say and I agree)

C
cobias
off topic

off topic

Looks like this thread has gone a little off topic...i dont use W-D40...i know for a fact that the "fish catching" appeal was the solvent cleaning factor...
There are so many other good commercial scents out there it dosent matter.You want a good sweet scent use pure anise gel.

If everyone cleaned their gear/boat/lures ect there would be less "funk" in the rivers and fish would probably bite more all around. Plus...pick up garbage when your on the river....even if its not yours. Old line and those plastic 6 pack holder deals kill fish and birds ect...i find a lot of corkies spinglows and a few plugs every time i go pick up trash on the river cuz it washes up durring high water. I found a K15 kwikfish picking up trash and its my favorite plug...caught tons of fall chinnok on it so....

But yeah, clean,clean,clean your gear....and dont forget the anchor rope.