Catch and Release? or Take home and eat your trophy?

Catch and Release? or Take home and eat your trophy?

• Total voters
M
Melly Bait
So here's the question... It's Pre-Spawn.. the females are looking to bed.. the males are acting protective.. and you hook into a hawg (either sex).. do you.. Catch and Release, or keep and eat your trophy??

T
Texas Basser
Catch and release, but don't forget to take a picture!

Reactions: Melly Bait
T
Throbbit _Shane
Bass ill catch, photo, and release. Except at Hyatt. Might try smoking some of those little guys this year.

I doubt ill catch one of record size. But if i do. Ill try to transport it alive to a certified scale.

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
Dude its a Bass dont eat it. They taste bad.

brandon4455
brandon4455
catch,photo,release

Reactions: Melly Bait
H
Hawk
Catch, Take pic, Release, Leave only feetprints. :D

I
Ifishforfood
hahaha im gonna br the bad one know, but bass are among the best eating fish in my opinion. they have thick firm white meat that is delicious when fried. dont everyone attack me now! :)

M
Melly Bait
LOL.. no attack here.. this question was for those answers.. :) Thank you for your honest reply.

M
Markcanby
I could never get a taste for it LM that is I have never tried SM. Crappie now thats a eating fish.

C
Cory Miller
If it is a hawg it is definitely a female,if that is the case get her back in the water so she can do her thing.keeping that fish will only harm the fishery.I would not keep any fish during the spawn.males are guarding nests and females are laying eggs.Wait til they are done and keep the 12-14 inchers.They will probably be the better eating than the bigger fish.I wouldn't know tho

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
Gunga
Gunga
I to love the taste of bass SM or LM. but to answer the question i wouldnt eat during the spawning period only before or after. Bass in my opinion has very tasty meat when fried with a garlic butter sauce. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!! And i would only keep one that is maybe between 12 and 15 inches but very rarely keep one. Unless its seabass now man oh man that is one of the best tasting fish ive ever had.:cool:

L
les_robot
CPR Always...

Troutski
Troutski
My signature tells it all...

Chuck

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
skunk
Markcanby said:
Dude its a Bass dont eat it. They taste bad.

:lol::clap:

S
sherman
No bass in my frying pan.

Reactions: Markcanby and Melly Bait
C
colbypearson
there is a time and place to do it, the spawn isn't one of them but if your on a house boat on shasta and keep your limit of just keeper spots that is the way to do it.... i have kept around 3 bass in oregon EVER and they were tournament casualties.... places like shasta with a huge population of scraper fish it is no problem at all, i dont mind if people eat a bass or two its how you go about it keeping big bass that wont even taste as good keep the 12"ers and thats fine in places over run with them go for it...

M
Markcanby
I just want to know where are the Invasive nuts are on this one? Shouldn't we be throwing them on the back beating them with sticks like the carp?

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Markcanby said:
I just want to know where are the Invasive nuts are on this one shouldn't we be throwing them on the back beating them with sticks like the carp?

non-native and invasive are a little different.

M
Markcanby
Could you explain please?

C
colbypearson
Markcanby said:
Could you explain please?

no im on the phone talking about something thats a lot better use of my time..... :)

but bass definitely arent in the same group as asian carp or snakehead....