Cat door question

T

TTFishon

I'm thinking about installing a cat door so when we're camping we don't have to worry about the cat. My question is: will other critters use this entry way into our house? I'd hate to come home and find a possum, skunk, raccoon, or other cats in the house.

H

halibuthitman

I would get rid of the cat, and spend the saved money on fishing gear.

A

autofisher

You can spray wolf urine around the entrance, but then there's a chance your cat won't use it at all.

R

Razz

Maybe I sould put you in contact with a buddy and he'll tell you how to get skunk smell out of a $2,000,000.house.
Get a cat sitter AKA girlfriend.

L

Left Bank

Unfortunately, if there's even a slight smell of cat food the possums and racoons will eventually find their way. Skunks are even worse. I agree that a cat sitter is the best option.

T

TTFishon

Yeah, it sucks because our old sitter moved a few months ago and we can't afford to pay anyone to drive out here to deal with it. We've taken him camping with us before and the wife's not backing down. Stupid cat!

G

GDBrown

Best way to train a Cat

Best way to train a Cat

..... We've taken him camping with us before and the wife's not backing down. Stupid cat!

First OFF if the cat is litter trained just use an extra large water dish and food bowl.

If not, get the cat trained....... With a 12 Gauge:shock:.

N

nwkiller

they acually make doors that have collars. when the animal gets near the door it will open automaticcly for him or her.....not sure if they make it for cats

N

nwkiller

ya 4 sure, i dont know how much, ive just heard of them.....better yet get rid of the cat...lol

F

fishnquest

It looks like its all been said, and for the record, I agree with all of it. Happy camping. It'd be a shame if that cat ran off on ya.

T

TTFishon

He won't run off. He likes to hang out in our tent trailer. I just hate listening to him wine during the 2 hour drive.

troutdude

troutdude

There is an outfit in Millersburg that sells electronic pet doors. A sensor on their collar, triggers the door to open as they get close. So, it keeps other critters out.

Here's what is on google:

Google