Carp tips

C
colbypearson
im gonna be going tomorrow most likely and see what i can get... i know they eat corn, bread, boiles all that stuff and i know where to go to get them my question is...

since they like corn and bread do they really like cornbread :lol: in all seriousness though ahha

T
tomriker
oh boy youre lowering your standards to catch carp? tisk tisk tisk :naughty::naughty:

(im being sarcastic):lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Cornbread, probably. haha, I never tried it but I don't see why it won't work.

Try finding the warmest water possible, I'm sure you know how to do that since you're a bass guy.
Bring your Ipod and be ready to wait for a bite. haha, Goodluck!

P
plumb2fish
When I was young, we caught a lot of carp on dry dog food...floated about 12" off the bottom...we used them as bait in our crawfish traps...use the hook to carefully bore a hole in the piece of dog-food and flip it out and wait...purina dog chow worked the best...never hurt to poke a few holes in a can of corn, wrap a rope around it and toss it out in close proximity to where you were fishing...it wasn't illegal to chum for carp

H
Hawk
They liked Pileworms & Bloodworms sometimes...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

N
nwkiller
im not sure if cornbread would stay together good, but im sure they would eat it!

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Man out where I live carp are all over in the sloughs and even more so in the summer. I love carp fishing its just action packed and they put up one hell of a fight. On average the ones I catch are between 12" and 24"....24" being a monster. Have fun man.

D
Drew9870
Cornbread would make a great groundbait (in no way did I say to do so), I actually used to use a doughbait recipe that called for a box of Jiffy Cornbread, uncooked and unprepared of course.

Carp like just about anything that has Carbs or Protein, Cornbread should have some good carbs from the corn, along with the amino acid Lysine, very good bait for this time of year, Carp will tend to avoid eating considerable amounts of Protein in the Cold months, it will constipate them, and now you've got fish that are sitting in the biggest snag in the lake trying to digest the Protein and they won't back themselves up even more until they clear up.

I hooked a Carp for a brief amount of time using a piece of one of those blue Warhead Sour Gummy Rolls, they do contain Wheat ingredients and carbs of course, and that's what convinced me to put one on.

Pond Carp are harder to catch than River Carp, the Pond fish are so used to a strict diet of food, that they will have trouble being completely comfortable around a new food source, I prefer Bread for ponds and Corn for the Willy, but I and many others have caught fish using Corn in ponds. Of course, this info isn't true for ponds with major outbreaks of Carp, let's NOT get into this subject, this thread was indended for Fishing/Educational purposes. I know some who absolutely despises the things, will see Carp as the tag and automatically want to jump in and say something useless.

Oh, don't drink Absinthe.....

C
colbypearson
Drew9870 said:
Of course, this info isn't true for ponds with major outbreaks of Carp, let's NOT get into this subject, this thread was indended for Fishing/Educational purposes. I know some who absolutely despises the things, will see Carp as the tag and automatically want to jump in and say something useless.

Oh, don't drink Absinthe.....

get into it the place im fishing has hundreds of carp and isn't that big i spooked a ton the other day pushed up right under algae mats in the sun they are pushed up and theyre backs have to be touching the mat if i can spook them and they will make a hole in the mat comparable to a topwater bass strike i believe the ones i was spooking were 10-25lbs or so but who knows i have seen much bigger!!!..... anyways your the man who knows, SCHOOL ME! haha

K
Kevinb5688
I got it good, a big dam type thing off the long tom in monroe oregon, went there today and caught a carp every minute in the flowing water. Caught a 14 inch trout, 2 bass, and a few squaw fish too. Using berkly gulp 4 inch worm.

N
nwkiller
nice, sounds like a blast