Carp Section

D
Drew9870
I believe this section was created so people could post info about how to catch them along with fishing reports, if you have no interest in seeing a photo of a Carp or reading on info + tactics, then why are you even reading this message, either you want to see it or you want to shoot it down, one thought runs your mind as you open the thread. I don't abuse this forum trying to sell crap, I try to add informative posts, does no good for reputation since I am just a kid and I don't know anything, could care less, I plan on being someone and doing something with my knowledge, this forum ain't gonna make anyone famous.

Let's leave the Carp section for those who will get satisfaction out of it, no sense in filling up an informative thread with useless bickering allowing for the info part to be forgotten.

Insert Bash Here V V V ;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
carp= awesome. they fight like champs. enough said.

D
Drew9870
[ This is where someone comes along and says, bs, they give one good run and come in like a log. ]

T
tomriker
Drew9870 said:
[ This is where someone comes along and says, bs, they give one good run and come in like a log. ]

sounds like bass too! ive never caught a carp, but i think it'd be pretty fun. i hear they are challenging to catch too, but could be wrong

T
Throbbit _Shane
Drew 4 carp mod! lol

iv never caught one. havent tried targeting them much though.

D
Drew9870
tomriker said:
sounds like bass too! ive never caught a carp, but i think it'd be pretty fun. i hear they are challenging to catch too, but could be wrong

I won't talk down about Bass, I have caught chrome Chinooks on 12lb Maxima that were comparable to how people explain a Carp fight. Like I said, fish are fish, I don't mind targetting Bass, I'd rather catch Smallmouth, but there is no other feeling like an 8lb Largemouth having all control. All fish have their ups and downs when it comes to the fight, some are more acrobatic, the fight is usually what leads us to prefer one type of fish. I just like the fight, not so much certain fish, I like Carp fishing for the style and the methods, but thats just me.

If I were the Carp mod, I'd be able to keep from saying some stuff, and just delete the pointless posts that throw them off subject (including my arguments), it would also be nice to have one locked thread for info only, so info can keep being added without getting lost.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
All I target is lm bass so I feel I can talk down about em :) what's Especially annoying is when you get a nice one on and she goes down and wraps your line around a tree 4 or 5 times! Grrr

D
Drew9870
tomriker said:
All I target is lm bass so I feel I can talk down about em :) what's Especially annoying is when you get a nice one on and she goes down and wraps your line around a tree 4 or 5 times! Grrr

This year I plan on doing a lot of Bass fishing while I wait for the Carp rod to sound off in new lakes/ponds, last Summer I was fishing a private pond (Carp free) with a gold/black broken back Floating Rapala, hit the water right along the shoreline under a tree, 4-5 inch bluegill manages to grab the back hook and 2 seconds after that, you probably guessed it, down the hatch of a 7-8lb Largemouth. Did exactly what you said, my 6lb Maxima was just a 'tad bit' overpowered, took me straight to a snag. Had plenty of Carp do this to me with 50lb braid for mainline and leader.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Carp a one run fish? Wow that's news to me! Even fishing heavy tackle - I've never had one make less than 3 runs! On an ultra light, with light line - 3 runs is nothing... carp are amazing fighters, especially when you use tackle that lets them show off, and give them a sporting chance of winning the battle!