Carp fishing in Albany?

J
Jdangler xD
Hey everyone, thanks.

im new to Albany and am interested in catching carp, spin or fly. Been out a few times. Trying to research a bit. New to the carp game.

Anyways thanks, any advice, locations would be appreciated. Message me about a trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
As flood waters recede, you'll find lots of them trapped in pools at Bryant Park.

If you have wheels...the Long Tom River, below Fern Ridge Dam has lots of healthy fish too. It's about 40 minutes south, of Corvallis.

J
Jdangler xD
Thanks!

J
Jdangler xD
Still trying for my first carp. Been getting better fish haha

J
Jdangler xD
Bumping the post. Still having trouble getting my first carp. Becoming quite the challenge haha. I have fished waverly, Simpson, swan, timberlinn, the willy. Since I've started I've caught some nice smallies, some Godzilla sized suckers and a buncha crap but no carp ? Even the biggest sturgeon I've ever caught was less elusive than 1 carp. 2015 marked the start of my interest in carp but for a "trash" fish it's eluded me. I use corn and worms and bread.... Not at the same time. Mostly depending on where I go. Albany is a bit discouraging, all I can think is the number of carp is minimal or I'm just not on em. Hardly ever see them. I know it's early still but there is a lot of water here and not slot of fish, what gives with albany? Anyone care to plan a trip and trade some ideas on local water?

F
f15h0n
Try fishing the bridge at Waverly over on the side near Napa Auto Parts. There's some nice carp that hang out under the bridge and where the stream meets the lake. Just caught a nice 20 pounder out of there last week.

J
Jdangler xD
Nice, I caught some suckers there haha. I'll try that spot I thought about it. Any preference between the big 3? Bread/corn/worms?

J
Jdangler xD
f15h0n said:
Try fishing the bridge at Waverly over on the side near Napa Auto Parts. There's some nice carp that hang out under the bridge and where the stream meets the lake. Just caught a nice 20 pounder out of there last week.
We should do a fishing trip!

U
universalfishermatt
f15h0n said:

Bread and corn?

F
f15h0n
Just worms I haven't tried bread or corn there yet.

U
universalfishermatt
f15h0n said:
Just worms I haven't tried bread or corn there yet.

Oh wow that's surprising lol

B
bassin16
Boil a package of strawberry gelatin add some cornmeal and flour stir make sure its real thick to the point its hard to stir cook stirring constantly for 5 mins put into Tupperware and in the fridge to cool and store. Will last a few weeks in the fridge. Roll into a ball about the size of a quarter round Fish under a bobber I use size 2 single hook the carp love this stuff. It doesn't stay on the hook very well so get it casted out and don't reel in till your bobber starts swimming away the carp are smart for a "trash" fish. I use about 8lb leader with a light drag on my reel. There are lots of carp in all of the spots you listed. So keep at it and you will get one I usually have the best luck spring and fall.

K
Komatoast
Be great if you went to Topsy res. and fish those nasty things out of the lake for us.. please dont throw them back in the lake though. thanks

S
Sgrunig90
I'm here in Albany looking for some carp! Txt me if your still on the hunt! 208-419-24zero2