Carp action in the Eugene area?

G
Grifter
Hello, All,

First time poster here..

I'm a transplant to the area (moved from Eastern Idaho); I've been living in Eugene for about a year, and I am curious about decent carp fishing (redneck bonefishing) in Eugene's environs. The south end of Fern Ridge reservoir looks ideal for carp--just eyeballing it suggests a prime habitat--but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to explore, and my days fishing have been spent on the 'Slaw or the McKenzie chasing trout or steelhead.

Anyhow--I'm not asking for specific spots or holes, but just bodies of water generally. Any in the area I should definitely be aware of?

Cheers--looking forward to participation in the forum,

Grift

T
Throbbit _Shane
Lots of ponds in the area have them. I'm sure some one who's lived around here longer will chime in with good info. Iv been up here for half a year and only caught them at a friends pond. Fun fish to catch on light gear.

jamisonace
jamisonace
A good friend bow fishes them in amazon creek quite a bit during the summer. Not sure where.

G
Grifter
jamisonace said:
A good friend bow fishes them in amazon creek quite a bit during the summer. Not sure where.

I've considered that, though I would guess it might be more productive a little further out of town. All I've seen in the Amazon so far are nutria, Wal-Mart bags, and hypodermic needles. In all seriousness though, this is good to know. Thanks..

B
bran_man
I know dtikey has a place, but I think its one of his more private places, so not sure if he will divulge that info ha ha.

J
john montana
Everything I have read is that Fern Ridge is the place for shallows and sight fishing. That said, I have never been down there to check it out. Good luck.

T
TTFishon
PM sent. I just gave up 5 locations for you. Should keep you busy for a while.

D
dtikey
I would have to say pretty much any pond or slower water around the valley.From fern ridge to long tom and all the little slews and ponds.Delta ponds hold a lot of big carp.

Reactions: Grifter
Y
Yogidabear
Wildish ponds, seavy loop road near epud head quarters, in the summer time watch out for the nudist or just watch them what ever you prefer :)

T
TTFishon
Yogidabear said:
Wildish ponds, seavy loop road near epud head quarters, in the summer time watch out for the nudist or just watch them what ever you prefer :)

Hahaha, that's funny. That's on my list with the same warning. lol

G
Grifter
TTFishon said:
PM sent. I just gave up 5 locations for you. Should keep you busy for a while.

Good man--very kind of you sir, thanks.

G
Grifter
Yogidabear said:

Thanks for this. And I may or may not watch--that all depends on the body of the person who chooses to go in the buff.

P
plumb2fish
I've never been inclined to fish this area, not my type of sausage......