Car in the Molalla

M

Modest_Man

Saw this today up by the deadline. I also posted this in the Molalla steelhead thread, but figured not everyone would see that.

There was a tow truck up there when I left, not sure how they'd get it out. I'm also not sure how it got in there, unless it went off the bridge.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

T

Throbbit _Shane

Looks like the river has good clarity!

Kinda weird seeing a car in a river

B

BankWalker

Thats pretty insane. It looks like it dropped out of the sky. I was expecting some rusted out stripped car.

J

JeannaJigs

Very nice structure. Some hungover idiot is wondering where his car went....

brandon4455

brandon4455

that looks like a mazda rx-8 nice car..what a shame

F

FunFishClub

Yes to all haha, I don't see and body damage... ha how are the windows still intact too!?? That's extra crazy

troutdude

troutdude

Wow. That must've been quite the "joy ride"!

BTW, is that a Springer holdin' behind the trunk?

T

the_intimidator03

that looks like a mazda rx-8 nice car..what a shame

It is a Mazda RX-8 which also wouldnt suprise me if that is why it ended up in the drink, kids having too much fun. I remember last year or the year before just down the road from me they pulled out a car from the coast fork willamette river. Had a body in it as well. Gal was from the trailer park i live in.

brandon4455

brandon4455

It is a Mazda RX-8 which also wouldnt suprise me if that is why it ended up in the drink, kids having too much fun. I remember last year or the year before just down the road from me they pulled out a car from the coast fork willamette river. Had a body in it as well. Gal was from the trailer park i live in.

thats crazy stuff. i can't say me and my friends haven't done stupid stuff in cars before but man people are stupid! :lol:

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Well by the color and direction it's going I'd say it's a spawner for sure. Already been established that it's a hatchery because there is no fin. If it was a 57 Cadi it would be wild.;)

G

GungasUncle

Hmm, my first thought on recovering it (I'm a wrecker driver) would be to bring in a BIG truck - the semi haulers. Those are the only rigs big enough to really get that thing moving when they're full of water. That's what we had to do with a Ford Explorer that went into Beaverton Creek a couple years back (right next to the Nike employee Store). If a big rig isn't available, it can be done, but it'll be slow going at best. The way *I* would do it, if it's safe to wade out there, would be to punch the windows, run a strap through them and around the car, and start yarding it in. Is hard to tell from the pictures which would be the best direction for pull. Normally we pull them out the same direction they went in, as that's usually the safest - but in this case, I'm thinking a down & across pull (kind of like skating a dry fly) would be the easiest - so the current is working with you not against you.

that's going to take a LOT of extra cable, and I can only imagine the bill that the insurance (if they have insurance) is going to foot on that one. Would bet it's easily over a grand for that recovery, possibly two. A fire & rescue or sheriff's jet boat would make the recovery easier, if it was possible to get one up there. They could use the boat to maneuver around the car to set the straps.

Joy riders or crack heads had to be responsible for that one. I'm thinking the NFS people ought to sue the schmucks who dumped the car in there (if they get caught) for polluting the water way with a non-native hatchery back :)

S

Spydeyrch

Hmm, my first thought on recovering it (I'm a wrecker driver) would be to bring in a BIG truck - the semi haulers. Those are the only rigs big enough to really get that thing moving when they're full of water. That's what we had to do with a Ford Explorer that went into Beaverton Creek a couple years back (right next to the Nike employee Store).

I work over next to that Little pond and creek. What a small world! There are two creeks over there. The one on the west side of the Nike Campus is Cedar Mill Creek and Beaverton Creek is on the East side. I think that Beaverton Creek drains into and is drained into by Common Wealth Lake.

I have often wanted to hit up the creek and pond on the West side of the nike campus to see what lives in it's waters.

-Spydey

Top Bottom