Can't wait til next week!!!

F
fishinmomma
I think thats when Hagg opens back up right?! So for a gift we got a gift card to Dick's sporting goods! One thing I know that we are getting for sure is a new rod for me since mine is broken. Does anyone have any ideas on some great lures or bait stuff that we should invest in since we don't have that much to begin with? Any advice would be helpful!! Thanks as always!!!

L
lilsalmon
I fly fish so I don't have any suggestions or ideas but good luck fishin and have a great time on the water........:dance:

F
fishinmomma
because of our kids we usually go to boat dock C and fish off of the gazebo area. But thanks GL to you too!!

Gunga
Gunga
If your interested in bass at all you could get some small crank baits or jerk baits. beetle spins also work good for bass and crappie to. rooster tails also work well for almost all the species there. little cleos spoons and panther martins also work to. If you like to play around with blue gill you could also get some micro jigs. If you like playing around with perch also get some 1 to 2 inch green or white curly tail grubs me and my uncle caught around 60 perch in one day at hagg with grubs with an asortment of small mouth bass and a couple crappie. Hope this info helps out.

Tyler

F
fishinmomma
Thanks Tyler!! Last year we used worms and power bait and got hardly anything and then I started using this one grub don't remember what it is off the top of my head and I was catching Blue gill and perch left and right. When we go to Dick's I will for sure be looking at getting some of these!!! Just got an ad from them and a lot of their stuff is on sale right now!!! Maybe we will see you out there sometime!!

fishinmomma

D
durantmatt
fishinmomma said:
Thanks Tyler!! Last year we used worms and power bait and got hardly anything and then I started using this one grub don't remember what it is off the top of my head and I was catching Blue gill and perch left and right. When we go to Dick's I will for sure be looking at getting some of these!!! Just got an ad from them and a lot of their stuff is on sale right now!!! Maybe we will see you out there sometime!!

fishinmomma

I was at Dicks the other day and they have a whole rack of panfish grubs, and other baits for 0.99

F
fishinmomma
That is awesome!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I tried replying to this thread earlier, but my computer had some issues and died when I was still typing, so here goes again...

Last summer we slayed panfish with 1 and 2" curly tailed Mr. Twister grubs - fished on 1/32nd oz jig heads. White was the most popular color by far, but chartreuse, hot pink, and black were also very productive. The other lure that killed them were Trout Magnet grubs (little 1" grubs on 1/64th oz shad dart jigs) in white, clear tan, pink, and black. Besides fishing them on jigs - another great way I started fishing the grubs was on a #4 or 6 Gamakatsu Drop Shot hook, through the nose of the grub, with a single BB size split shot crimped 6-8 inches ahead of the hook.

25he1cx.jpg

For trout - in-line spinners like rooster tails and panther martens. 1/8oz through 1/24th oz sizes. Hot pink, black, rainbow trout, brown trout and chartreuse are my favorites. Cast them out and use the count-down method to find the depth the fish are at. Vary retrieve speeds, and use crack & pause retrieves until you find what the fish like.

2h5spd0.jpg

The other must-have lure is a small floater-diver rapala or similar small crank bait about 2-3" in length. Matzuo makes good lures that can usually be found inexpensively. I like silver/black, rainbow trout, and fire-tiger color patterns.

nd7j1e.jpg

F
fishinmomma
AWESOME!!! Thanks!!! We are going to Dick's this week so I will for sure be picking up some of these!!

M
Markcanby
The little white twirly tails tipped with a bit of worm under a bobber will keep you unhooking bluegill all day on any water.