Canoe?

S
s3iz
Hi,

Recently moved to OR last summer. Little rusty on fishing as well.

Anyone know of some decent spots to catch some fish on a canoe?

Thanks!

B
beaverfan
Well Oregon is a big state with a lot of fishy water. Perhaps knowing your location would help someone point you in the right direction!

S
s3iz
Thanks beaverfan for the response.

Located in SE Portland.

Willing to drive two hours with kiddos in any direction for a day of fishing.

T
Thuggin4Life
Not sure about the canoe but you could try you luck at steelhead fishing on the sandy. or this summer float the river from stark street bridge to the troutdale bridge. live up there for a summer wish i would have fished more but i did that float many times and in just a wetsuit once.

B
beaverfan
This time of year I would probably recommend Hagg Lake to you. I will include a link to a google map of the area. There are many great spots for a canoe there. There is also Benson Lake out by Multnomah Falls but it can get quite windy out there. In another month or so I would suggest Timothy Lake or Harriet Lake up near the Headwaters of the Clackamas River.

T
The Nothing
I'll second Hagg. Its a bit of a drive from the east side, but a great place for the family. Its a good sized lake, and half of it it no-wake so you'll be able to get along just fine with the canoe.

I'll also suggest the willamette river around Ross Island and Oaks Park. Traffic here is slow and there is some good fishing to be had.

An excellent place to fish by canoe (though i'd not eat anything out of the water) is Smith and Bybee Lakes on the northside of town.

S
s3iz
Thanks!

Ill will check them all out.