Cancun, Mexico

S
slimyguts
Anyone been to Cancun and done any fishin? It looks awesome right now. I am supposed to be there already but our flight was cancled. Now leaving at 10pm instead of 5am. Missing a whole day. Gonna find some fishin but was just curious to find out any others experiences. Looks like the run an 8hr trip for all types (marlin, barracuda, grouper, shark, etc...) for around $100 (includes food, bait, and BEER!!!). Well, I will give an update when I get back in a week. Will check back before then if anyone has some pointers.

Thanks,

Slimyguts

L
Left Bank
Good luck and take some pics.

G
Growbug
I have been to Cancun, didn't do any fishing, but would love to hear a report on your return.

W
waco
that sounds like a great deal!!! i wish i could help :( I'm from Cancun and i dont know very much about fishing there most of experience on fishing i learned here on this great state!! sorry!!! i know some good fishing places on lakes or couple creeks or a river called Rio Hondo those places have some great bass and tilapia but not really close to cancun!! never been fishing on the sea!!

M
madura
Fished there a few years back, the yellowfin this time of year are the way to go. Bring a trolling rig and every feather you have and 1 or 2 bait rigs. Chances are youll find a good mix of Tuna, Dorado and if the water is warm a few trigger fish or rooster fish.

C
Coastaldweller
Mexico fishing+many margaritas=good day

Mexico fishing+many margaritas=good day

I have not fished there but, I did try it down in Puerto Vallarta. Caught this mahi mahi and a couple smaller ones. By far the hardest fighting fish pound for pound than any other species I have caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
S
slimyguts
SOoooooo......went out on a charter. 6 on board. Wife catches the first Barracuda. The other chick catches the next one. I catch the third. Then one guy gets sick and is out of it for the next 5 hrs. The wife catches a nap and the other chick is not interested in fishing. Just came with her dad who was in the head for 5 hrs. So the other 2 guys and me have multiple double and tripple hookups of Bonita. What a beautiful fish in the water. Good fight too. Barracuda are nasty lookin but only fight for about 2 min, then skim across the top of the water. Spent most of the time trollin. Only caught Barracuda and Bonita. Tried some bottom fishin and only got one Red Snapper, then back to trollin. All in all it was a good day on the water. Not as much action as I had hoped for and no reports of any sail fish that day. But on the water with all the beer you can drink and not having to worry about the fuel / bait cost is awesome.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Did you get any YouTube videos of the guy in the head? Those seem to be the hit!!