Canby Pond should be GOOD now!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey all,

Canby Pond hosted a trout derby last week for little kids. ODFW likely stocked it with some good sized fish, and some are likely still in the pond.

PLUS, ODFW just stocked it again! It was on their confirmation line recording...done as of yesterday.

I'm going south on Saturday to fish. So, good luck to all who go to Canby!!!

B
beaverfan
Isn't Canby Pond kids only?

B
bigsteel
canby pond is for kids and disabled anglers.

B
beaverfan
Not that I have really any intention to fish there but how does one go about proving they're disabled? I'm on disability so technically I could fish there but I wouldn't have any proof that I have a disability unless I walk around with a copy of my letter of benefits from Social Security.

B
bigsteel
thats a good ?...........im sure you could fish there...im not sure who enforces it

troutdude
troutdude
I've never been to Canby Pond, so just didn't know that there are some restrictions. I was just trying to let you northerners know about the stockings.

Sorry. And, thanks for letting me know. Guess I won't go there. ;-)

Beaver, ya might want to call ODFW and pose your question; or OSP. Those would be the enforcement agencies. So, they shoud be able to let you know what type of "proof" you might need.

If you're allowed to go there...I'll bet that there's plenty o' fish to be had today!

B
bigsteel
I just dont want to see ya come back with a fat ticket troutdude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are lots of fish in there but ive heard it gets choked out with weeds

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. I don't want any tickets either...big n' fat...or otherwise. lol

Thanks for the heads up.

M
Markcanby
It is kids only or you have to have a disabled licence. I call on a few guys last week standing not 10' from the kids only sign. It is bad with weeds but there are some big holes in there. I have had the kids down there a few times this month. The oldest got a 16" but most have been 8". Its great for the kids Im hoping to get them down there again this weekend.