Can you use grasshoppers for bait at Hagg lake

Fred

I know that a lot of places don't let you use live bait but I think Hagg lake is fine with people using worms. But I don't know if grasshoppers are allowed. If they are I want to know if I could buy grasshopper from a pet shop since it would be easier to do. Rather than looking for the few grasshoppers that are not hibernating or dead. The problem with the grasshoppers from the pet shop is I think they're not native so if a few escaped and survived they would compete with the native ones.

troutdude

Fred I've scoured the ODFW regulations; and cannot find any restrictions. So I believe that you are "good to go". With the exception of them competing with native hoppers.

Fred

troutdude;n614206 said:
Fred I've scoured the ODFW regulations; and cannot find any restrictions. So I believe that you are "good to go". With the exception of them competing with native hoppers.
So I can't use the store bought ones only the wild ones I catch right?
Also, I'm pretty sure I can't but could I chum some grasshoppers to attract the fish?

troutdude

You're welcome.

I can't answer your question about store bought versus wild hoppers. I'd suggest contacting ODFW for that answer.

But chumming of any kind--as I understand it--is illegal.

Last edited:

Fred

troutdude;n614218 said:
You're welcome.

Ian't answer your question about store bought versus wild hoppers. I'd suggest contacting ODFW for that answer.

But chumming of any kind--as I understand it--is illegal.
Ok, thanks,
Oops, trips and falls and some grasshoppers fall in the water how convenient.;)

Top Bottom