Can you say lucky????

Y
youngbuck307
So me and Alex got a wild hair up our butt and hit the upper clack once more:).... Walked down towed the water and first thing you hear(splash):dance:. Hit the rocks put our stuff down and start tying up. Scents I had success with the small black jig yesterday (Alex forgot to bring today:naughty:) and the fact I left the ones I had just got in the car:rolleyes:. I looked through my bag and found a old jig it had a black head all chiped to hell and a purple and black body…. Started fishing a piece of water that looked like it would hold fish. Started with all the way across the river in deeper water and slowly worked my way back. I was so into fishing at this moment I started to drown out everything else. The only other time I have been able to do that is when I played football! You could almost say it felt like I could cut water molecules LOL (inside joke kind of) starting to get in closer to me and all of a sudden boom bobber down:pray:……tight the line set the hook all in one motion…and nothing! :lol: Pop my jig out the rocks and lower the bobber stopper. Work it in a lil more with one more what I thought was bobber down…. Look at the water and was hesitant to cast short agene because I was scared to loss my jig… Took a second look at the water and tossed out . Bobber right in front of me and just drops:shock:… Different this time more force to the bobber going down…. This was it I know there is a fish on my jig goes through my head. So many things go through my head I can write them all lol. Get my line tight and set the hook at same time:pray:…. Flash of silver where my bobber was, with a head shake head shake. Fish on!!! didn’t take no line just slowly came in not much fight… :confused: Like Alex thought I was just hooked on some snag and bringing it in (would of thought the same thing) got the point you could see a fish. ZZZZzzzZZzz :dance:it takes off… fight was on then… he didn’t know what he wanted to do. The lil fake up stream then got to play catch up as he went back down with a ZZZZZzzz… had confidence this time!!! Felt more like I knew what I was doing… pointed my rod up stream pumped him a lil bit… Then I turned him right around and started to gain on him….. I got to play the lil game of hey I look like I’m done…. NOT lol was a good lil fight and fun to watch it just right out in front of me in a few feet of water. Finally he gave up and came it……:dance::dance::dance:

Y
youngbuck307
how do you put pics up on here i got one from today i forgot to put up.... anyone want to help alex told me but i have short term memory loss and forgot lol

M
Mike123
youngbuck307 said:
how do you put pics up on here i got one from today i forgot to put up.... anyone want to help alex told me but i have short term memory loss and forgot lol

Awesome story! Get's me pumped!

You can just click the manage attatchments button below when you are posting or load it onto a Photobucket or something like that.

D
dude young
It can hardly be called luck when you learned something one day, applied it the next, and had similar success. I would call it maturing as an angler. Right on. Keep it up. Nothin quite like a good fight. I have got to get my next before I loose the tremble in my arms form the first.

'Bout how big/small are the jigs you are tossing? I have some wee little jigs (like 1/64 oz.) that I could try. I also have some 1/8th oz. heads I could tie up, but is that too big right now?

18406ej
18406ej
Wow! Nice work, and great report.

Y
youngbuck307
No 1/8th is fine bro the fish yesterday and day befor were on that.... and the first fish i could see holding in the water so i thought it would be a lil too big but nope..... just got to find that fish that wants to bite.

F
fishnquest
great story. awesome fish. nice going.

M
mgdguy
Good work man! :clap:

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats a Skinny Steelhead!
Nice Job

Y
youngbuck307
Troutier Bassier said:
Thats a Skinny Steelhead!
Nice Job

o your comparing it to that fat steelhead you got right :lol: jk lil man but why you say that??? thought 5lb fish was average for a clack fish?

M
metalmania
Nice fish, and most of the steelhead I catch aren't football shaped either;).

F
FishKiller23
The pic makes it look smaller then it was. Just a bad angle i guess.

T
Troutier Bassier
Haha, I dont know. I just thought they were more.... Fuller or Thicker.
That is just a Pencil.

B
Brian Dupree
who cares how big it is! you had fun right? That has to beat a planter trout. Nice fish ! Congrats!

F
FishKiller23
Troutier Bassier said:
Haha, I dont know. I just thought they were more.... Fuller or Thicker.
That is just a Pencil.

Lol what ever you say man a fish is better then no fish. :lol:

N
ninja2010
FishKiller23 said:
Lol what ever you say man a fish is better then no fish. :lol:

hear! hear! i would most definitely be happy to hook a "pencil" as big as that and experience the fight... any day.

Y
youngbuck307
well the luck ended today.......... was going over dog creek.... alex asked if i was good... got a lil ahead of myself and was like o yea i got this.... sliped... try to toss the rod out of my hands to the other bank... it catches a branch and goes right under me all i fall.... turned because i was holding on to something kinda and i felt the SNAP because my back was agenst it....... anyone has a cheap rod to sell PLEASE let me know i have nothing now... and coho are coming