Can someone help me find a handicap accessible fishing spot?

Fattie
Fattie
Someone shared a link that showed handicap accessible fishing places in Oregon... I'm sure I could Google that, but what I really need to know is where I can go with someone who is handicapped, but still maintain social distance. A few of the places I've seen have a small platform or area for a handicap person to fish from, but doesn't really have enough space to maintain social distance, especially for someone who is wheelchair bound, high risk, and immunocompromised. Ideally, it would be near Springfield\Eugene.
We're both beginner fisherman, so we're not looking for anything major, and fishing equipment he has was bought with trout and panfish in mind.
Thanks in advance!
Fat

troutdude
troutdude
With such docks so easily accessible--and sooooooo many people out of work right now--I'd venture to guess that everywhere you look, you're gonna be bumping elbow's. Even if you can go during the middle of the week. At least until the weather starts to turn; and you're willing/able to get out there when there's inclement weather. But I'll cross my fingers, and send up a lil' prayer, that someone knows of such a location, that will help you guys out!

Reactions: Fattie
Fattie
Fattie
Thanks, I knew it was out there. Still just curious about any areas that favor social distancing. I don't want to be bumping elbows on a dock somewhere.

B
BrandonBeach
The boat ramp at Milo Mc Iver State park has an accessible deck, sorry, it’s not in your area. They do catch trout off that dock.

BB​

Fattie
Fattie
Thanks. I'm going to go scout the covered bridge area on Dexter soon, to see if it's a good matchup.

troutdude
troutdude
I could've said the same thing about the long dock at the Hoover Campground, at Detroit. But, again, it's nowhere near Eugene. Good luck at Dexter.

Peaceful
Peaceful
There are a couple empty ADA platforms out on the Crooked River near Bowman Dam. I think it's Chimney Rock campground. https://www.blm.gov/visit/chimney-rock-campground

Lots of people wading the river but the platforms weren't being used while I was there. Lots (and lots) of trout and whitefish out there, too.

Perfect place to begin your fly fishing addiction. 😇😍

Last edited:
Reactions: newfydog
N
newfydog
The Chimney Rock platform is fairly well placed, and a nice spot to hang out. Long drive but a beautiful canyon. I would think with a fly and bubble on a spinning rod you could catch some fish there. The fish in that pool all have an eating disorder.

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude and Peaceful
troutdude
troutdude
Have you checked out Alton Baker Park/Canal?

Troutski
Troutski
Hang in there, some one will have a spot just for you. The covered bridge at Dexter is your best bet for distancing, plus there are some very nice hold overs in that lake. Feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss other options.

Tight lines ....

Chuck

Top Bottom