Camping on the river???

N
NoobTooner
anyone know if you can camp/stay the night on some of the small islands below mciver?:think:

N
nativefish
I SAY go for it lol! No one would hassle you out there. I think I have heard you can hunt out there so why not camp.

S
skunk
Do it, if anyone bothers, then appologize.

N
NoobTooner
skunk said:
Do it, if anyone bothers, then appologize.

yeah... sorry for the stick up their a~~!

no, i was more concerned about the legality of it. are there any laws prohibiting it? like on the sandy you can only camp above dodge.. below that and you could be looking at at ticket.

O
OnTheFly
I would say ok if you're not on private property of some kind.

S
Scowboy
Not sure if any property on the clack is not owned (Public or Private it would still be owned by someone). Going by the high water mark (which the river isn't considered navigable officially) you'd have about 5 feet of shore to camp on. Fires wouldn't be exactly legal either. And I wouldn't reccomend camping anywhere on the Sandy for the same reason. I know several property owners who would run you off. That said I camped many many nights along the Clack as a kid in the summer. Rode our bikes down the hill and set up anywhere we wanted or rafted to spots. But then that was before the Peoples Republic of Portland ruled over the land and people thought with their heads instead of wallets and selfishness. You'd probably get away with it, and I wouldn't tell. But then I talk on my cell when I drive, drinking a PBR, smoking a joint with a craigslist "massuse" on my lap as I bump over suicidal bicylists who think it's a good idea to ride the river rd.

T
thebigdog00s
Scowboy said:
Not sure if any property on the clack is not owned (Public or Private it would still be owned by someone). Going by the high water mark (which the river isn't considered navigable officially) you'd have about 5 feet of shore to camp on. Fires wouldn't be exactly legal either. And I wouldn't reccomend camping anywhere on the Sandy for the same reason. I know several property owners who would run you off. That said I camped many many nights along the Clack as a kid in the summer. Rode our bikes down the hill and set up anywhere we wanted or rafted to spots. But then that was before the Peoples Republic of Portland ruled over the land and people thought with their heads instead of wallets and selfishness. You'd probably get away with it, and I wouldn't tell. But then I talk on my cell when I drive, drinking a PBR, smoking a joint with a craigslist "massuse" on my lap as I bump over suicidal bicylists who think it's a good idea to ride the river rd.

Love it.. well put. Sad to see common sense become not so common

jamisonace
jamisonace
You can camp

You can camp

As long as you are on public land and you are 100' from the river or any trails.

I plan on doing this a few times this summer so I checked it out with the Mckenzie River Rangers office.

jamisonace
jamisonace
My bad

My bad

jamisonace said:
As long as you are on public land and you are 100' from the river or any trails.

I plan on doing this a few times this summer so I checked it out with the Mckenzie River Rangers office.

I saw Mciver and read Mckenzie River (yeah, I know it's a stretch but that's how my brain works I guess).

I have no idea where you're talking about so disregard my last post.