Camping Ideas?

R
ryguy
Hey I got a friend comin into town the first week of october. hes not that big into fishing but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of where some good primitive camping is and maybe somewhere we can get into some fish. any suggestions and advice will be appreciated. thanks in advance. the location can be anywhere in oregon thanks again. ryan

B
beaverfan
Whart part of the state are you in and what part are you looking to camp and fish in?

R
ryguy
i live in the corvallis area and im lookin for a spot to maybe hike around and do some stream or small river fishin within like 2-3 hours away.

T
TTFishon
ryguy said:
Hey I got a friend comin into town the first week of october. hes not that big into fishing but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of where some good primitive camping is and maybe somewhere we can get into some fish. any suggestions and advice will be appreciated. thanks in advance. the location can be anywhere in oregon thanks again. ryan

How far are you willing to hike?

R
ryguy
TTFishon said:
How far are you willing to hike?

prolly 10 or 15 miles.

T
TTFishon
G
GDBrown
October outing!

October outing!

ryguy said:
i live in the corvallis area and im lookin for a spot to maybe hike around and do some stream or small river fishin within like 2-3 hours away.

I would suggest a coastal stream to the west of you.

PLEASE check the ODWF Web site for what HUNTING may be going on. I've had friends shot at during hunting season because they were mistaken for deer. It may be worth some hunter orange or knowing that NO Hunting is allowed in the area you are in. October is a great month to fish. I catch most of my coastal Nook's during October.:dance:

GD

A
Anyfishisfine
GDBrown said:
I would suggest a coastal stream to the west of you.

PLEASE check the ODWF Web site for what HUNTING may be going on. I've had friends shot at during hunting season because they were mistaken for deer. It may be worth some hunter orange or knowing that NO Hunting is allowed in the area you are in. October is a great month to fish. I catch most of my coastal Nook's during October.:dance:

GD

Not to mention stupidity. The wife of one of my Dad's co-workers was killed because a hunter was up on a ridge watching her hunting party through his scope.... with his finger resting on the trigger.

K
kornphlake
I'd like to try hiking in the Eagle Cap wilderness sometime, maybe next summer, I'm not sure what fishing is like out there though.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Thank you.

Last edited:
K
kornphlake
TTFishon said:
And that is why I don't like to share my spots. Oh well. Live and learn.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a secret. I figured relative proximity to nowhere keeps the area as secret as it is. I edited my post, feel free to change the portion you quote. If you want info on a great place to fish and a great place to camp, PM TTfishon.

T
TTFishon
kornphlake said:
Sorry, I didn't realize it was a secret. I figured relative proximity to nowhere keeps the area as secret as it is. I edited my post, feel free to change the portion you quote. If you want info on a great place to fish and a great place to camp, PM TTfishon.

Kornphlake, That is really awesome of you to edit your post. I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

C
capblack
If I were you, I would head up above green peter res, either the santiam arm, or the quartzvillle creek arm. very primitive, lots of area, and lots of fish. And its beautiful up there, and only an hour from you. have fun, Brian