Camping/fishing?

brandon4455
brandon4455
are there any camping spots on the nestucca where i can fish for steelhead, the river is within walking distance and theres room for 6 or more people? thanks for any help

brandon

S
SantiamDrifter
I can't think of any public areas below elk creek.

troutdude
troutdude
Too bad that our family, doesn't still own the house that my grandparents had. We could've hosted a big get together; and tossed our fish in pappy's brick smoke house out back!

I just googled for "Nestucca River Cabins", and this popped up. It has 3 bedrooms and sleeps 6, for $75 a night (and some extra fees). Click on the "rental info" button in the left hand side navigation bar, for more info.

troutdude
troutdude
Brandon, here is another possible option for you (although I don't know why they don't list their pricing/fee structure on here):

Riverview Lodge

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks guys.. i guess this won't be a camping optyion for me.. i need somwhere upriver where i can flyfish and all that. might just end up on the santiam again.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
IIRC, the upper nestucca is closed :( Really beautiful water up there, and would be great trouting if it were open during normal trout season.

Are you dead set on camping/steelheading on the coast?

N
Noahk
Isn't there a campground about 5 miles below elk creek? Or if that just a day sue only area?

brandon4455
brandon4455
GungasUncle said:
IIRC, the upper nestucca is closed :( Really beautiful water up there, and would be great trouting if it were open during normal trout season.

Are you dead set on camping/steelheading on the coast?

dosen't have to be on the coast and i guess it could be trout fishing OR bass. fishing is fishing wont bother me :)