Camping at Suttle Lake

DB Crouper
We are having our annual family camping trip at Suttle Lake, starting tomorrow afternoon, staying until Monday. I'll be in a fifth wheel, in site 14 at Link Creek Campground (lakefront next to the boat ramp). If any OFFers are nearby, stop in and say hello. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of you, but would sure like to.
Here's an old picture from a previous Suttle camp. There will be some men there. They just don't like cameras.

Kais
This may be a little OFF topic, but they've been looking for you for 50 or so years, and little did they know your on a fishing forum. lol

OnTheFly
Wish I could join you DB. What a nice looking bunch. Mostly girls though.. with the exception of your granddaughters, do they enjoy fishing?

I understand that there are some overgrown Mackinaw trout in there that hate to be hooked. Good luck out there.

Last edited:
DB Crouper
Kais said:
This may be a little OFF topic, but they've been looking for you for 50 or so years, and little did they know your on a fishing forum. lol

Only 40 years. They thought they found me, but the dead guy's DNA didn't match. I could have told them that.
OTF, hope to meet you someday. The lake trout are safe, unless they like worms or powerbait. When I return from camping I'm going to target some more of these on Notellum River. 38lb. fall fish! Gonna be hard to beat.

Last edited:
troutdude
LOL! After all of that kiddin' around I did...and then you found the perfect pic for an Avatar!!! LOL!

Hope you have a great time w/ the fam DB. I'd be glad to join ya, but I'm taking 13 boys on a camping trip. We won't be doing any fishing (there's only dinky warm water pond w/ no fish). But, it's an annual thing and always fun.

Looking forward to your fishing report. Watch out for Yellow Jackets, they are EVERYWHERE at Suttle!

Oh and...I'd love to hear how you foiled the DNA test!!! Ha ha ha...

lilsalmon
DB Crouper said:
We are having our annual family camping trip at Suttle Lake, starting tomorrow afternoon, staying until Monday. I'll be in a fifth wheel, in site 14 at Link Creek Campground (lakefront next to the boat ramp). If any OFFers are nearby, stop in and say hello. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of you, but would sure like to.
Here's an old picture from a previous Suttle camp. There will be some men there. They just don't like cameras.

Men????? ;)

DB Crouper
lilsalmon said:

MARRIED MEN!!! lilsalmon, and loyal and faithful to the core. No trolling allowed!:naughty:
Fly fishing only.

lilsalmon
DB Crouper said:
MARRIED MEN!!! lilsalmon, and loyal and faithful to the core. No trolling allowed!:naughty:
Fly fishing only.

Oh darn....I mean "oh darn" that they are married...loyal and faithful is good....guess I will go to the Nestucca....have fun

OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
You've been hanging around Bobbi too long.:lol:;)

lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
You've been hanging around Bobbi too long.:lol:;)

:think::doh::tongue:

DB Crouper
Love Suttle Lake, but fishing is slow. Camp host said she hasn't seen more than 10 fish all summer, mostly 9" Kokanee.

Reactions: OnTheFly
lilsalmon
Sorry the fishin was slow...good pics though. I don't know DB...you look pretty close to the "mug shot" on the left...hehe

Top Bottom