Camping And Fishing ??

P

PDXKush

Hey folks, I was wondering if you guys know any good spots not too far from Portland to camp and fish within walking distance:). I was wondering about the Wilson River. Got myself a Tent and a nice sleeping bag so Im looking to make some plans but definitely not where there are homeless winos.Thanks so much. PDXKush

M

metalmania

Hey folks, I was wondering if you guys know any good spots not too far from Portland to camp and fish within walking distance:). I was wondering about the Wilson River. Got myself a Tent and a nice sleeping bag so Im looking to make some plans but definitely not where there are homeless winos.Thanks so much. PDXKush

Barton park has a campground and you already know where the fish are in there. Although you may have to deal with a lot of the other people. There are many good spots up above north fork reservoir on the clackamas but it's all catch and realease, and it's best just to target trout up that high.

P

PDXKush

im cool with c & r ... Do you know any of the campground names? Thanks a ton bro.

M

metalmania

im cool with c & r ... Do you know any of the campground names? Thanks a ton bro.

There are 2 right next to north fork reservoir. There is promatory(spelling?)park campground and lazy bend campground/silver fox rv camp. There are many places above NFR to camp but I will warn you it can get pretty crazy up there. Lots of drunks and many many firearms. I would suggest not camping outside of the campgrounds. Now for the fishing part. First trout season opens tommorow so your in luck and will be able to chase them. Promatory park has stockers in it but I don't know how the fishing will be. Above NFR there are many areas that you can pull off and walk down to the clack. Any of the small rooster tails or panther martins will catch the trout. There are native salmon and steelhead that go up there but it's best not to target them.

Y

youngbuck307

dude not trying to come at you with bad news but there is about to be no were to camp i think we went up last weekend and couldnt find a place now it being a 3 day weekend i bet they are all took.. the news just said all sites in oregon you can reserve already had been last week and there are only a coulpe hundred you can't.... just thought i would let you know bro you might want to get up there as quick as you can tomorrow if your going to try it...

J

JeannaJigs

Unfortunately I don't know anything up in the Portland area, but, it's a holiday weekend, so good luck with that! Campin' with homeless winos might be your only option :) buy 'em a couple 40's and you'll be good. Most of the homeless folks on the river down here are really cool people, but I'm sure due to it's size, the portland metro area is a different game entirely. Good luck on your hunt for a camp site

P

PDXKush

I was looking down the road not this weekend. I wouldnt dare try and find a space with the holiday and all. Thanks again everyone.

Y

youngbuck307

dog ill take you up and show you a few lil spots i know that are free and right on the water!!!

F

FishSchooler

I have to give you this secret...
At riverside park, near the blair witch hole (I think...), at the first bend, there is a lonely site with a grill thing. Hike all the way up and to the left, there is a grill. I saw a person camping there. It will take a bit of strength/time to haul a stove, tent, and sleepin bags all the way up, but it's there.

P

PDXKush

Is that even legal? Ive seen campers get evicted off the Beach @ Riverside.

F

FishSchooler

Is that even legal? Ive seen campers get evicted off the Beach @ Riverside.

Im pretty sure its not illegal, there was a fire pit that you would normally see at a campground too (metal with bars over half of it)

P

PDXKush

I'll look for it next time Im there.

F

FishKiller23

I was up near north fork... right across a green bridge about 4 miles up 4x4in my truck a couple weeks back. a lot of trouble up there tons of cops showed up I am sure glad me and my friends were minding are own.;

P

PDXKush

Damn I was planning on hitting North Fork up. Oh well, I'll be bringing my 9mm so I should be cool. So what kind of trouble was it? Punk kids?

M

metalmania

Damn I was planning on hitting North Fork up. Oh well, I'll be bringing my 9mm so I should be cool. So what kind of trouble was it? Punk kids?

Hey bro, don't even think of camping up there. That bridge is memaloose bridge and it leads into a crazy hillbilly hell. I basically spent my entire teen years up there, and i'm thankful I ever survived that long. My buddy's cousin's camped up there, ran into a few good ol' boys, and spent the rest of there vacation in the ICU. I've been shot at twice up there. Both times were from careless people randomly firing off rounds into the forest, but even though I don't think they were aiming at me personaly it still scared the crap out of me. a lot of crazy crap happens up there, mostly because of dumba** people mixing booze and guns. I once saw a guy walking down the middle of the road chugging a 40 and firing his handgun without even aiming it.

B

beaverfan

I've never stayed at any of the free sites near north fork. I've always gone up a bit further and fished the river and if I want to do some lake fishin' make the short drive up to timothy or harriet. Oh and I also try to make my trips up there during the week. Sometimes you can go a whole afternoon and only see a couple of cars.

Last edited:
F

FishKiller23

Hey bro, don't even think of camping up there. That bridge is memaloose bridge and it leads into a crazy hillbilly hell. I basically spent my entire teen years up there, and i'm thankful I ever survived that long. My buddy's cousin's camped up there, ran into a few good ol' boys, and spent the rest of there vacation in the ICU. I've been shot at twice up there. Both times were from careless people randomly firing off rounds into the forest, but even though I don't think they were aiming at me personaly it still scared the crap out of me. a lot of crazy crap happens up there, mostly because of dumba** people mixing booze and guns. I once saw a guy walking down the middle of the road chugging a 40 and firing his handgun without even aiming it.

Spot on bro, I knew the road started with a M! I always bring a rifle when I go up there. I would just camp at promontory but there is a spot I know of on the otherside of the water that is more private and u shouldnt have a problem.

Guns and beer is what u get up there and thats the trouble we had with a couple of guys shooting within 5 feet of us and we were there first.. We left but soon after a ton of cops came rolling through and those guys were off to jail.

anyway PDX all this camping stuff is making me excited. I know a lot of places at the COAST we should get together and head out some time man. 4 wheelin and fishing ahahaha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom