Campaign to get lilsalmon back on the water...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Okay, so we all know Rose busted herself up pretty badly a few weeks ago. We also know she is about to go stark raving looney-tooney being cooped up and unable to fish. :rolleyes: I can't help but think we need to sneak up on her, gently toss her in the back of my van and cart her butt to the water! :D Preferrably some water with no built in slides...if you know what I mean. :naughty: :naughty: Maybe Walter Wirth since it has a fishing dock, maybe under the bridge at the rest area in a nice lawn chair....any other ideas? Anyone want to help save lilsalmon's sanity? :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
that sounds cool .id say bring some pillows and stuff along with a chair. bring some food and a few of us could treat her like a queen while she fishes from a soft pillow-chair :D and as for where to fish walter wirth sounds like the best option. i think the rivers will be fast and brown like a flushing toilet. LOL anyways a lake is the best bet for the next week ooh another idea. does anyone have a tarp we could make a small tent type contraption with to keep her dry? and maybe a portable heater?

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
yessssssssssssss,we need to get her out,,let me know what u decide barb im in.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i'm sure i could contribute to this, ill see what i can do ;) i think i have a chair and some pillows for the comfortable chair and then somthing for a leg rest? :D if it's local then my mom can bring me! which means i am possibly in!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
You guys.....your all so awesome!!!! This is worth the butt scootch up the stairs to get to the computer. I will be out on the water one day. I hate being a burden and having people help me out...makes a person feel shipoopy......Wish it was the left leg and then I would be out driving and stuff. At least I can bend my knee now and was able to go to my sons opening night of Ebenezer (Aaron is in the lead as Ebenezer) and ride in the front seat like a real adult :dance: :dance: :dance:

B
BobbiDollPDX
Don't feel like a burden. We love you Rose. It makes us feel shipoopy that you are stuck home hurting and unable to do what you love best.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BobbiDollPDX said:
Don't feel like a burden. We love you Rose. It makes us feel shipoopy that you are stuck home hurting and unable to do what you love best.

Yep,yep...what she said! :D:yay::yay::yay:

A
autofisher
I've got a wheelchair that I know is comfortable. There are more than a few places that are wheelchair accessible..... If we go to Wirth, I swear I'll be on my best behavior. Hopefully we'll be able to get you out soon..... I know cabin fever has to be set in..... How many baskets have you made by now?

brandon4455
brandon4455
autofisher said:
I've got a wheelchair that I know is comfortable. There are more than a few places that are wheelchair accessible..... If we go to Wirth, I swear I'll be on my best behavior. Hopefully we'll be able to get you out soon..... I know cabin fever has to be set in..... How many baskets have you made by now?

oh come on mike! you gotta atleast scare everyone away so we have the whole lake to ourselfs!:lol: and thank goodness you have a wheel chair,my lawn chair isn't the most comfortable

J
JeannaJigs
Wheelchair's are good times...but when you get crutches, oh boy, you'll be amazed at the places a determined person can go with a rod and crutches....I might suggest not wading the river in a cast though with a bag over it...That was kinda sketch. I didn't die, but, ya know...Just don't recommend. I did get a couple nice steelhead with my bagged cast in effect though.

Also might I add, rose, it's your duty to embarass everyone around you by utilizing the cripple cart at the grocery store to it's fullest potential (those reverse beeps can be heard a mile away), just saying, have fun with it.
[

brandon4455
brandon4455
now that we have a why and how, what about where and when?

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Wheelchair's are good times...but when you get crutches, oh boy, you'll be amazed at the places a determined person can go with a rod and crutches....I might suggest not wading the river in a cast though with a bag over it...That was kinda sketch. I didn't die, but, ya know...Just don't recommend. I did get a couple nice steelhead with my bagged cast in effect though.

Also might I add, rose, it's your duty to embarass everyone around you by utilizing the cripple cart at the grocery store to it's fullest potential (those reverse beeps can be heard a mile away), just saying, have fun with it.
[

Hah....I am so ready, even if it is Wirth.....I will even toss gear if I have to. I have used the cripple cart at Safeway....hehe..love that beep. The only thing is it is made for short people and is not very comfortable cuz some idiot put a big metal bar at the front so a tall person cannot stretch their leg....I actually have a wheelchair.....got it from Aasum Dufour funeral home....DONT ASK.....that was so I could go to classes and not have to crutch across campus.

The one thing I am not ready for yet is a river or wading.....if I missalign these fractures it will be fer sure surgery......without health insurance that is not an option....but there is so many places I can go....you guys have me all excited now.....if only I could drive with my left foot safely I would probably be out at least sitting and looking at the water...

And Mike....Wirth wouldnt be any fun without you there harrassing the other fisherpeoples..hehe...JK

Brandon...can't wait to meet you one day.....you said your going to Wirth in the morning? good luck to you and have fun

B
BobbiDollPDX
I'm quite sure people will be lining up to play chauffeur Rose.

brandon4455
brandon4455
can't wait to meet you either, this will be fun :D you will have a grin on yer face all da because you haven't gone fising in so long hahaha. and ill also be a tag along with you and dave a lot this coming year (hopefully) just to let you know i never stop blabbing LOL. ill be showing you guys around my home water when it re opens. as well as places i hardly ever go up in the coast range ill shoot ya a pm in a bit with more info on the streams i be talking about. take care,

brandon