Camo/orange blaze

O
Outdoor_Myers
for what animals do you need to wear blaze with? I know deer since they are color blind or if you are in archery season, and it is always good to wear going to and coming from your stand for any hunt.

M
Mike123
If your rifle hunting I'd wear it! But yet, I've almost been shot wearing nothing but blaze orange.. Bow hunting I don't worry to much, but not a bad idea to wear just an orange hat while walking around.
They make that orange camo too...

I still haven't rifle hunted since I almost got shot.. 3 clips get unloaded on you you get a little scared.

O
Outdoor_Myers
Mike123 said:
If your rifle hunting I'd wear it! But yet, I've almost been shot wearing nothing but blaze orange.. Bow hunting I don't worry to much, but not a bad idea to wear just an orange hat while walking around.
They make that orange camo too...

I still haven't rifle hunted since I almost got shot.. 3 clips get unloaded on you you get a little scared.

Wow! that is crazy! I was watching some ODFW old news from ktu 2 or something on youtube today and wow some people are just off a little lol.

C
Chrome_Chaser
Law requires you to wear blaze when rifle hunting for any animals. Bow hunting you don't have to. I never do.

L
lizardman
I refuse to wear orange or other bright colors when hunting as I have had too many idiots use their rifle scope to look at me instead of a cheap pair of binoculars.

I wear old army surplus wool pants and shirts if it is cold, and jeans and shirts that will blend into my surroundings when warm.

Dave

M
Mike123
lizardman said:
I refuse to wear orange or other bright colors when hunting as I have had too many idiots use their rifle scope to look at me instead of a cheap pair of binoculars.

I wear old army surplus wool pants and shirts if it is cold, and jeans and shirts that will blend into my surroundings when warm.

Dave

I wonder sometimes if blaze orange helps you not get shot at or helps you become the target? I sometimes think wearing the best camo possible and blending in would help you out better.
I just read in the paper last night that some IDIOT shot his 14 year old nephew while elk hunting, claiming "he thought he seen an elk moving"... One reason I quit rifle hunting.. Many people think it's ok to get absolutely hammered drunk and then go walk around looking for something to shoot at.
:mad:

H
halibuthitman
Mike123 said:
I wonder sometimes if blaze orange helps you not get shot at or helps you become the target? I sometimes think wearing the best camo possible and blending in would help you out better.
I just read in the paper last night that some IDIOT shot his 14 year old nephew while elk hunting, claiming "he thought he seen an elk moving"... One reason I quit rifle hunting.. Many people think it's ok to get absolutely hammered drunk and then go walk around looking for something to shoot at.
:mad:
6 yrs ago a bowhunter in idaho shot another bowhunter who was calling elk.... wtf! Its no wonder its so hard to get a farmer to let you hunt... its terrifing when you see someone else in the same clearcut as you.. get down and don't move till they are gone. I pity the fool who takes a crack at me and doesn,t hit me.... they are dead, im not gonna yell or wave my arms, im gonna return some seriouse fire...as the hound hunters of the st Joe river basin say... shoot-shovel-and shut up.

O
Outdoor_Myers
halibuthitman said:
6 yrs ago a bowhunter in idaho shot another bowhunter who was calling elk.... wtf! Its no wonder its so hard to get a farmer to let you hunt... its terrifing when you see someone else in the same clearcut as you.. get down and don't move till they are gone. I pity the fool who takes a crack at me and doesn,t hit me.... they are dead, im not gonna yell or wave my arms, im gonna return some seriouse fire...as the hound hunters of the st Joe river basin say... shoot-shovel-and shut up.

can I go hunting with you I would feel more safe and I know how to keep my mouth shut im italian and irish lol

A
adambomb
I have gotten really used to this thing called "breathing" and I have to admit I really enjoy it too, that being said I always wear orange. Deer, Elk, Grouse, Chukar, Bear does not matter to me. To those of you who don't wear it, go up in the mountains of the Trask unit next year for first season elk, and you will wish you were wearing one of those blaze orange inmate jumpsuits, with an ATV flag taped to your back. I don't hunt with guys I don't trust, its all the other F-ing inbred morons that I have trust issues with. As far as being scoped by a stranger, well if you point a weapon at me, I don't care if its 5yds or 500yds, expect to be fired upon PERIOD.

J
joesnuffy
i don't ever wear orange.

G
Got One!
Chrome_Chaser said:
Law requires you to wear blaze when rifle hunting for any animals.

I don't think that is true in Oregon.

D
dude young
lizardman said:

I'd rather have that moron scope me and see orange than scope me and see "something brownish" moving in the woods and BAM!

Mike123 said:

Look, the twit that shot at you while you had orange on sure as hell would shoot at you if you weren't.

adambomb said:
As far as being scoped by a stranger, well if you point a weapon at me, I don't care if its 5yds or 500yds, expect to be fired upon PERIOD.

I agree. if I see a rifle pointed at me, the first shot from my gun goes over his head, the next, through it.

I wear some sort of orange while hunting everything except turkeys and ducks. ( I don't archery hunt anymore)

T
thepreditor
Im pretty sure oregon dosent have the law about wearing orange "yet". I usually dont wear it and have been stopped to check tags, they never ask wears your orange. I know other states have that law. Most of the time i would rather be hidden from other hunters. Its always a little nerve racking seeing other hunters in the same clearing as you though. i dont like to genral western deer hunt anymore though. to many idiots and hunters in genral.

O
Outdoor_Myers
I wasn't sure if elk was color blind or not. I believe deer are though. I will be wearing orange no problem I just wasn't sure with the elk eyesight.

G
Got One!
Yeah I can't believe the amount of times I've been "scoped" in Western Or. Whats worse is getting "scoped" by an idiot with Bino's around his neck. Over all I could care a less about "road hunters" however those are the guys that always seem to scope me. Thats why any clear cut that you can drive to, won't have me on it any more. I walk at least a half mile in now just because of the idiots. The last fool that did it, scoped me once,...drove to another part of the clear cut, scoped me again, drove to the top of the cut, scoped me a 3rd time and I pretty much went ballistic. (I'll leave it at that) Anyway I had my blaze hat on the 3rd time and flipped him off the 1st 2 times, and it didn't seem to matter much, I guess he didn't know he was driving around the same cut.

I'm not sure which way is safer, if they see blaze they could scope you just to "see" what could be wearing blaze in the middle of no where. If you don"t wear blaze they might shoot you if they do see something move. Then figure out what they shot at later. Who knows, I carry it but don't always use it. I mostly have it for packing out...cause some where out there will be that imbecile that will save you from the deer throwing an elbow into your back.