The details of mine is as following;
1972 15 foot open bow Sundance
1976 60 hp Chrysler main motor
30 lbs thrush Minn Kota with two group Costco group 27 batterys
E-Z load trailer
4 FishOn rod holders-two in the front,two in the back
Cannon Mini downrigger
Hummingbird Matrix 12 fishfinder with the speed sensor

I paid $400 for the boat back in January.
I then spent $100 for new carpet and vinyl from ECONO SALES here in Springfield.
$139 to have both carbs rebuilt from Mel's marine in Eugene.
I had to replaced a 12x12 soft spot in the floor with new plywood and glass.

Now it is one the best boat that I have owned. It is small enough that one guy can load and unload with ease. It is large enouh that I cam\n take 4 people out and not feel too cramp. And of couse since it is a tri hull it has such a shallow draft I can go ever where I want ot.

Lets see some pictures of your Tri Hulls.

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Markcanby
That is a nice looking boat man. What to people rating on one of those I have 3 kids so I have been looking for a 5 person but there isn't much under 20' an I want to use in smaller lakes.:(

B
bd2cool
Counting fuel,battery,food gear.people I can haul 800 pounds.I can sit six but not that roomy.
Tri Hulls are nice because they are usually wider then V-hull for a given size.
However since they are wider they can be a rougher ride then a V Hull and they can get worse gas mileage then a V hull.

My 17 Tri Hull would sit 7 people with room to spare.It has 125 hp Johnson on the back-Speed!!
It also had a shallow draft to it.

K
Kodiak
I've got a 15ft tri that is a project boat. tri-ing to get it on the water...OK bad pun. 70 hrs on the rear, just not sure what to do for a kicker. I'm thinking troll plate and be done with it, but not sure if it will troll slow enough...any thoughts?

B
bd2cool
I went with both a Minn Kota and trolling plate.
The problem with the Minn Kota is that I get 5 - 6 hours on the battery at Leaburg lake due to the heavy currents up there.
At Dexter I get 8 to 10 hours depending on the wind.

I got a Trol-A-Matic Trolling Plate to use with the 60 hp outboard. With that I can get my boat to stand still. Before I put Trol-A-Matic Trolling Plate the slowest I could go was 2.3 mph.
The problem with that it eats gas like I drink coffee!!

I want to go with a small outboard-2 to 6 hp-I will get better range, go as slow as I want, and save on gas.

Anything larger then 6 hp I worried I won't get the low speed I want.

D
dude young
Kodiak said:
I've got a 15ft tri that is a project boat. tri-ing to get it on the water...OK bad pun. 70 hrs on the rear, just not sure what to do for a kicker. I'm thinking troll plate and be done with it, but not sure if it will troll slow enough...any thoughts?

Two five gallon pails tied off of either the bow cleats or the transom. They slowed my buddy's 16ft Lowe/40 Johnson down to a troll speed of 1.8 mph on the lakes. The main advantage over the troll plate is that you do not loose steer-ablility (word?). Much cheaper than a kicker motor.

H
Hawk
Bro bd2cool, that sure is a mighty pretty boat you have thar.

:D

catch u some biggun lunkers...

B
bd2cool
Thanks Hawk.

I have tried the bucket to slow down a boat but I found it to be a pain in the ass-it won't work in shallow waters-bucket will drag on the bottom.

We need more pictures of tri hulls!

J
joesnuffy
Am i allowed to post a picture if i havn't even had it on the water yet? lol

Stupid work getting in the way of play......

W
womanwhofishes
oh We will look good in that!

when we can go...with ya..

B
bd2cool
We don't care if your boat is in a field of weeds just as long as you plan someday to take it out fishing!

Pictures of a project tri hull would be great!

womanwhofishes--It is missing a pink pole isn't it?

H
Hawk
I haven't bought a digi cam yet & i don't fish from a tri-hull now...:D

Last year i bought my first bowmount foot control lectric motor. It's a Minnkota Edge 50# thrust. I love it. I can really control my boat reel well from the front. I took a bass seat (with armrests) from my other boat & mounted it in the front of thisun.

This boat is a 1994 Alumacraft lunker 16'

starboard steering console

40hp Nissan outboard

Humminbird fishfinder

I Love Her

:lol::lol::lol:

J
joesnuffy
15 Foot
Crestliner

Well as you can see it needs a little cleanup but it's in fair shape. I just installed 2 new rod holders at lunch time. The fish finder will probably get replaced over the winter and I'm going to add a stereo. The battery just went out to get checked, i think i need a new one :( plus i need to geta charger for it :(

Spendy toys but i think i'll have somefun with it.

H
Hawk
That's a pretty boat Bro.

:cool:

Looks like a twin to bd2cool's boat...

:lol::lol::lol:

W
womanwhofishes
bd2cool said:
We don't care if your boat is in a field of weeds just as long as you plan someday to take it out fishing!

Pictures of a project tri hull would be great!

womanwhofishes--It is missing a pink pole isn't it?

soon our friend soon.. barbie wants to go out...
she says

B
bd2cool
joesnuffy-cool looking boat-I love it!!
If you are every in Lane country let's hook up and take our boats out!!

It would be just too cool if we could get a armada of OFF tri hulls out on one lake!!

womanwhofishes---My wife tells me that pink is good luck! She always out catch me when we go.

W
womanwhofishes
well she has better LUCK then ME with P I N K !

kirkster
kirkster
This should help slow you down

This should help slow you down

bd2cool said:
Thanks Hawk.

I have tried the bucket to slow down a boat but I found it to be a pain in the ass-it won't work in shallow waters-bucket will drag on the bottom.

We need more pictures of tri hulls!

Take two sea anchors and tie them off close to the bow and the socks should end up just a little bit less than halfway down the boat. So favoring the front. This will also give you way better control if your trying to troll in windy conditions. When I first tried this I couldnt believe the difference it made. Good luck

B
bd2cool
Thank you kirkster for the tip.
If I get a chance I will try that.

J
joesnuffy
Brownlee Res is a little low right now :p
That's me in the background "trying" to locate a crappie or a bass.

Top Bottom