Calling all Bass Anglers

Bass Man
Bass Man
Hello Off members,

OFF member cavdad45 put together the Bass Anglers group awhile back and we would like to invite the Bass Anglers in OFF to come check out the group. A group for anglers whose primary gamefish is the largemouth or smallmouth bass.

For those of you new to the site or members who mainly swim around just in the forums you can access the social groups through the User CP (Control Panel). On the left hand side you will find the networking section, from there you can access the social groups. As of right now there is about 4-5 groups to choose from, come check them out. Besides cavdad45 and myself, we have Kidholiday and TTFISHON:yay::yay::yay:

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Bass Man
Bass Man
Welcome Combat Chuck to the group...YOU ROCK!

S
s_ribs
I'm a newbie to the site but have been floating around for a few months.

Just joined the bass group! Hope to learn more about where to go. My fishing experience is back in WI so I'm a tad lost out here!

I'm curious.... what's the unique feature of the group section? Looks pretty much the same as the main forum. ;)

Last edited:
M
michaelkim9582
wheres the networking section?

T
TTFishon
s_ribs said:
I'm a newbie to the site but have been floating around for a few months.

Just joined the bass group! Hope to learn more about where to go. My fishing experience is back in WI so I'm a tad lost out here!

I'm curious.... what's the unique feature of the group section? Looks pretty much the same as the main forum. ;)

One thing is you have to be an OFF member to be part of the group. Which I think is good. It's a lot easier for me to share my places to fish with a select few than with a whole bunch of people that aren't willing enough to become a member and share their thoughts with the rest of us. It kind of sounds selfish and it kind of feels selfish but I don't like sharing with the masses.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
One thing is you have to be an OFF member to be part of the group. Which I think is good. It's a lot easier for me to share my places to fish with a select few than with a whole bunch of people that aren't willing enough to become a member and share their thoughts with the rest of us. It kind of sounds selfish and it kind of feels selfish but I don't like sharing with the masses.

It is the first part of the deal for me I will share as you well know TT, and I can attest to the fact you will , I just can't feel good about earned or learned through hours of fishin info/techniques as well as the last few remaining unkown local spots just gettin tossed out to the masses .I prefer to share those things with people who love and respect the sport and who actually spend the time out there . I have good friends who fish but I dont share all my spots or techniques with them , because they dont practice C&R or they talk more than they fish ,or just go so seldomly its not worth takin the time. We will just keep enjoyin those peaceful trips TT and if you all want to really go become a member, contribute ,and use the forum, threads/ PMs/etc. to participate physically dont expect that it will all be spelled right out here for you. look forward to fishhin with every one of you bass monkeys in the new bass club will have to set up a derby here soon as the bite takes off again Later FP

S
s_ribs
Sounds like I should stop sharing my info so freely then.

;) Just playin! I understand your thinkin there.

S
s_ribs
TTFishon said:
One thing is you have to be an OFF member to be part of the group.

Guess I missed that part of the deal... so I guess I'm not a member after all.

T
TTFishon
s_ribs said:
Guess I missed that part of the deal... so I guess I'm not a member after all.

What do you mean? You're an OFF member.

S
s_ribs
Sorry... I read that as "paying" member.

T
TTFishon
s_ribs said:
Sorry... I read that as "paying" member.

Oh, well if you want to pay just send a money order to P.O. Box. lol Actually, sometimes I wish this was a pay site and that only members could view the posts.

S
s_ribs
Haha, that would actually be a great idea! Would certainly keep the knowledge more private.

And... you can check out my current fish report in the social groups. :) Nothing stellar or amazing, but a report all the same.

M
michaelkim9582
Found it. Thanks bass man for posting this thread I never knew groups existed and since I only fish for bass this is great

Last edited:
Bass Man
Bass Man
Your welcome and thank you for joining

Your welcome and thank you for joining

michaelkim9582 said:
Found it. Thanks bass man for posting this thread I never knew groups existed and since I only fish for bass this is great

Hi michaelkim9582,
Just was on your page, always nice having young anglers join the group. I kinda figured a lot of folks here in OFF might not be aware of the groups just from the lack of members in relation to amount of total OFF members we have. Good ahead and feel free to jump into the dicussions.

1bigfish
I'm in.

C
cavdad45
WOW!!! Up to 14 groupies already. Thank you BassMan! You have definitely been pushing this.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Cool beans 1bigfish

Cool beans 1bigfish

1bigfish said:

I've been waiting for you to join 1bigfish:clap::dance::clap::dance:

Welcome to the group:cool:

Bass Man
Bass Man
Your welcome boss

Your welcome boss

cavdad45 said:
WOW!!! Up to 14 groupies already. Thank you BassMan! You have definitely been pushing this.

If you post it, they will come my friend....they will come:D Just had to put out the word about the group. My work isn't done just yet, plenty more bass lovers left in OFF.