Cajun Line Mono - My thoughts..Your Thoughts

S
Swamp Puppy
Spooled up a reel with some 65lb Cajun Line mono from Bob's in longview last week. I gave it a try based on the recommendation of the clerk at the counter who seemed fairly "in the know" when it comes to line combined with a lack of heavier mono in any brand i know and trust.

on the way out fishing this past thursday i was tying up my rig and kept snapping the line right at the knot.

this happened to me 5 times in a row and trying 3 different knots. my normal knot is a fairly complex knot (as far as fishing knots go) and my thought after breaking it off twice trying to cinch it down was that it was just too much for the heavier line. i finally got it to hold with a simple cinch knot and 4 twists. (5 broke) while this was ok for shakers, i didn't have much confidence that it would hold up during any sort of prolonged fight with a decent sized fish.

my personal opinion is that this line is junk..and it will be coming OFF my reel before i take another trip.

anyone have anything good to say about this stuff? did i just get a bad batch?

grrr... Tuffline it is i suppose. hard to go wrong with 80lb Tuff.

O
OneMore
Ive used 20 pound test for steelhead plunking leaders with no problems. My buddy uses this stuff a lot and seems to like it. Ive had this problem whenever I buy line from bi-mart. Even if its a brand I trust. I think it may be just a bad batch.

M
Mike123
I think that stuff is garbage. Plain and simple.

I'd use Tuffline or 50lb. mono.

Just that braid seems to have more drag in the water and you have to use a little more lead.

T
Troutier Bassier
I used 8lb Cajun last weekend. Worked fine for me. Never broke a fish off, Never snapped at the knot. Knot my favorite line though...

M
Mike123
The idea behind the red line is that is disappears under water...
Well it takes some depth for that red to disappear completely..
Red doesn't disappear until around 26ft. So in depths of 4 to 5 ft. it looks like red line. :lol: It's just designed to catch fishermen not fish.. and yes I have a big spool of it in my room.. hasn't been touched in years.