Cabela's tip

bass
bass
One of my Hodgman wading boots recently died - it lost its sole :) So while limping along with it shoe gooed back on I have been looking for a new pair of boots. I have been checking all the ads hoping that someone would put Korkers on sale.

I saw online that Cabela's had the Korkers Whitehorse for $30 off full price so I called them to see if they had a size 13 in stock. They had one pair and held them for me. I drove down with some wool socks, tried them on, loved them and so decided to make the purchase.

I took them up to the register and they ring up at full price. I told the cashier that I had called and that I was told that the store would honor the online price. She said no problem and basically logged into the website to get and give me the sales price.

So the interesting thing is that it seems that they will always honor an online sales price, but you need to know about it and call it to their attention.

I also bought a pair of the Guidewear glomitts. These had the same sales price online and in the store (marked as on sale in the store) and rang up at the sales price.

Thus, my suggestion is that if buy anything from Cabela's check the online price before checking out. Heck they have the kiosks right there in the store where you can do this. It may save you some coin.

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
Yes....I agree. I've had them check online for me and lower the price.

Thanks for posting this great tip.

T
Toyracer38
Thanks for the tip bass. Good to know.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great tip,bass! It's always a good idea to check those out before you reach the register no matter where you are shopping. Thanks!

bass
bass
In posting this information around several sites here is what I discovered:

Sounds like there are 3 kinds of pricing.

1. Same in store and online (marked the same if on sale or not)
2. Sale price marked online but honored in store if you ask.
3. Sale price marked as online only.

Of course for 3. you can always get it shipped free to the store so 2 and 3 only differ in how quickly you get your item.