C-o-h-o

brandon4455
brandon4455
so i was planning on going to the mouth of a willamette trib for coho within the next few days and just my luck the water is turning brown. does anybody know what works good for high water coho? ive only had luck with corkies before.. but i need some options

-brandon

M
michigan_transplant
you'll have to use something they can see and smell if theyre going to bite. sandshrimp/eggs, some kind of bait is going to be your best bet. im facing the same dilemma. was getting ready to go to the alsea tomorrow and now with the HEAVY rain they are predicting not knowing if it'll be worth it.

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah the water is pretty bad.. i was fishing near my house for cutthroat the water went up about 2 feet while i was there and turned muddy all in a matter of about half an hour.. ill give it a try though. good luck to you if you decide to go. thanks for the tips,
brandon

M
michigan_transplant
im going, i already bought my sandshrimp earlier today and its the only time ill be able to go this weekend. hopefully its not too much of a waste.

brandon4455
brandon4455
well hopefully one of us will bank one. i went to my yard about 5 mins ago and got about 2 dozen woorms for garbage fish just incase i don't get any coho.