Buzz Ramsey IM8. piece of carp!

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok. So My friend got a IM8 after christmas. He snapped it when he was getting out a snag the first time he used it.
When to Wholesale sports, Handed him a new one for free.
And today, The first time he used it. Set the hook on a bite and SNAP!!!!!
Snapped his rod again...

M
Mike123
Dam... maybe a bad batch of rods?? I've TORTURED my IM7's to death and have yet to break one.(Well I broke one, but it was my fault.)

R
rainman
Mike123 said:
Dam... maybe a bad batch of rods?? I've TORTURED my IM7's to death and have yet to break one.(Well I broke one, but it was my fault.)

Same here, and still going strong.

M
mgdguy
That is carppy. I don't remember where but someone else gave me a less-than-positive review of the IM8.

I do love my IM7 though!! :D

O
OnTheDrop
IM7 all the way... Its like everytime i think it might break, it doesn't. It can do whatever and doesn't break it seems like... Hmm hope i didn't just jinx myself:D

T
Troutier Bassier
He says hes getting another Lamiglas now.

Z
ZeeBorn
I have an IM7 as well and have caught many fish on it and have never had a problem. They are good cheep rod. Are they even making the 7s anymore though?

F
Fishtopher
Ya! Do tell him to get the Lamisnap!!:lol:

Ive had my IM8 for 13 months now, and thats longer than most other rods Ive ever had!:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Well, Ive you have ever seen me on the crick. Im always with a kid thats too my chest. It was his rod that snaps. And Boy 'o boy, He sets it hard.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Well, Ive you have ever seen me on the crick. Im always with a kid thats too my chest. It was his rod that snaps. And Boy 'o boy, He sets it hard.

Or he is setting it too hard, and hitting the rock or tree behind him?

F
FishAssassin
I love my IM7. Caught lots of fish on it! I was considering upgrading to an IM8 but they don't make the length I want. So I will probably have to wait until I can afford the Lamiglass.

D
DirectDrive
Troutier Bassier said:
Ok. So My friend got a IM8 after christmas. He snapped it when he was getting out a snag the first time he used it.
OK, first time out is when a defective blank will show itself.

It does not however, look very good on your resume if you are breaking seasoned rods on snags.
After you try all known tricks, protect the rod by pointing it at the snag, lock down and then break the line.
Don't arc the rod while you try to break off.

O
Outdoor_Myers
I love my IM6 rods mmhmm

B
BlackBass
Mike123 said:

Ive beat the hell out of mine as well, never had a problem.

O
OnTheFly
Buddy of mine had a IM series steelhead rod snap on him too. Of course Lamiglas replaced it but it left him wondering about the integrity of their rods. I own a IM700 9'6" 7wt fly rod and a summer steelhead tried to break it but it was fine. I wonder if small dents in the rod from mishandling create weak spots in the graphite fibers. :think:

Y
youngbuck307
i think so Onthefly the one steelhead rod i had break on me with a hookset had a lil dent and thats right where it broke!

S
SeaRay
Even I-m7's break on hook-set.The only rod I have ever broke on the river in over 45yrs fishing.Traded it(+$50.00) on a Lammi.Three years latter Lammi still going strong.

L
livin2fish
ZeeBorn said:
I have an IM7 as well and have caught many fish on it and have never had a problem. They are good cheep rod. Are they even making the 7s anymore though?
they are still making the 7's , go to bi-mart and gettum while they last.

FISHON

S
stream2.5
sounds like it oporator error... with stiffer blanks like im8 a sudden jerk will caause things to break.. but id swap it for another rod under warranty. and be more carefull...

the only rod i broke on a fish was due to a way to hard of hook set.. and it was a im8 rated rod. not a berkley but a much more expensive one... snapped it at the handle..

i have several im7 and im8...you have to load them smoother than a typical eglass or glass rod that you need to jerk hard... or the go kapow