Buoy 10

B
beaverfan
Headed out to Buoy 10 in the morning. It will be my first trip out there, I'm going with my dad who has made some trips many years ago. Gonna try cut plug herring and maybe some spinners. Heard of a few fish caught so far, hopefully we can get into some action. Otherwise I might have to check myself into that horrible rehab center. Anyone got any early season tips for out there? Anyone been out there yet this year?

I
iliketofish
there's a real good article on Buoy 10 in this month's (or last month's) STS Magazine...you should check it out, I haven't read it yet, but I'll be reading it first thing tomorrow morning during my regular sit down at the throne! I did notice that the article mentioned guys are using spinners instead of a cut plug with herring - food for thought!

S
Seefood Man
Always good to have a dozen herring on board, but the coho bite has been furious on hardware. I have been doing good on #4 Vibrax Spinners in a yellow/chartreuse, silver blade. Running behind a Delta Diver between 12 to 15 pulls. I running the herring at 20 to 25 pulls for the Chinook. No flashers on either. Hope that helps. Have fun and be careful, it's turning into a zoo!

B
beaverfan
Thanks for the info. I'm headed out. I will probably start with a spinner with my dad using herring.

B
beaverfan
Well looks like I'm OFF to see Helga and the other lovely staff members at the skunk rehab. Weather was pretty dang good the bite however was horrible. Saw maybe ten fish netted all day ALL of them INSIDE Buoy 10. Started off at the sawdust pile and worked our way out to Buoy 10. We were the first boat out there fished for two hours not one bite, saw two tiny little fish caught not sure what they were but they were 10 inches or so. Even tried a bit of Sturgeon fishing on our way in. Checked the cleaning station when pulling out. Two Coho and 5-6 Chinooks being cleaned. Don't know if we were doing something wrong or if it just wasn't our day. Hopefully I can motivate my dad to go back out there. If I do I might have an open seat for an experienced buoy 10 fisherman!

K
Kodiak
everything I've heard of is along the green can line headed out to the CR bouy.

B
beaverfan
Ya even without catching a fish it was still a great trip. I am dying to go back! I gotta try to get rid of this skunk!

T
Troutier Bassier
Im going there soon.
So you use Plug cut Herring and A Diver. Or a Spinner with a Diver?

B
beaverfan
I tried plug cut herring with diver about 60% of the time. I also tried several spinners and even a wobbler or two. I used the diver with them too. Tried between 10 and 25 pulls of line.

T
Troutier Bassier
No Downrigger?
And how much do Divers cost cause I dont have Any, I have a Flasher though. Lol

B
beaverfan
No I've heard downriggers don't work as well out there. Divers I would say are probably 5-10 bucks. The ones we used were called deep six divers. It was my first time using them as we usually use the downriggers. Flashers are good too my dad used a couple different ones. Most of the fish we saw caught were using a small triangle flasher. (no idea what there called) Make sure you wear your lifejacket out there and good luck!

T
Troutier Bassier
How deep so you need to get? How deep are they?

B
beaverfan
The Coho are pretty shallow probably 12-25 feet. With Nooks being caught in the 30 ft range. The best tip I can give you is keep your eye's peeled. When someone catches a fish checkout how he's rigged. When he pulls out line count how many pulls. Now I'm getting anxious, gotta get back out there.

F
FishSchooler
If coho are that shallow, wouldnt getting a big hookless plug work?

B
beaverfan
The main problem I see with that is being able to accurately judge your depth which from what I gather is huge out there.

H
Homebrewmike
Put the first ink on the tag 9 months in to the year and hopefully ended the dry spell! The first was a 18" but the second was 29".

1006070_10151825065157836_1694166922_n.jpg

N
ninja2010
nice chromer...

M
Moe
Great job! I'm waiting for them to hit the sandy

H
Homebrewmike
Now that my son is back in school I'll be hitting Dodge Park quite a bit!

T
Troutier Bassier
When does buoy 10 fishing start getting slow?