Buoy 10 area report

S
sapo
Got back from the buoy 10 area about 10 pm last night, so didn't have time to post last night. However, the coho fishing is still great there! Yesterday I caught the first salmon I've ever caught in my life!! Actually, I limited out with 3 fin-clipped coho! My dad managed to keep two, however total we brought 10 to the boat, but 3 were unclipped and 2 were small jacks. Fishing was great, the area we were fishing had nobody within a mile or more of us! Total, we hooked up almost 20 times! We picked up a couple of coho near the church hole area, then headed up past the bridge, and that's where the fishing was great. Even had a double hookup once! Biggest fish was not clipped so no pics, but it was probably about 17 lbs. We were using fbr with anchovies and a flasher, and it seemed to work great! Here are some pics:
IMG_0026.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0038.jpgIMG_0040.jpg
Overall, a great day of fishing and plenty of salmon for the freezer! thanks!

Reactions: bass, igquick, C_Run and 1 other person
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
outstanding, great pictures! I am also guessing less boats up there now...

we have been slaying the coho down here using my special fbr rigging (small fbr clear or UV helmet, a standard 2 hook mooching leader, bearpaw flyline/leader connector, beadchain swivel). planning the post some pictures soon under Home Made Tackle of how I rig that all up into something that works. :) we use the smaller (green) sized herring and get a nice tight spin that the coho (and chinooks) just can't resist, especially when the water temp is <60F...in warmer water we do better with the standard cut plug herring...cheers

Irishrover
Irishrover
It was a nice day out there. Seems like we fished similar areas. We hit the Washington side of lowers Desdemona Sands and trolled up river with the tide past the Church hole. We ended up east of the shipwreck that were we ran into the fish. The wind showed up as we went under the bridge and crossed Youngs Bay. Glad you got out there and had a good time. The real good news is that the later "B" run coho have yet to show up so fishing could be good for a while. The B run have a little more size to the as they have been out in the ocean feeding longer.

B
Big3d
Excellent report bro! Looks like you had a good time. Congrats

T
TimberTodd
Congratulations on your first salmon Sapo.

H
Herring Bytes
Great work! Loving the estuary in September this year. No crowds, lots of silver. Great times.
Congrats on the first.

S
sapo
Thx all u guys! @rogerdodger, ya theres like hardly any boats there right now, when we were coming in less than 10 boats in the entire buoy 10-bridge area! Thanks!

troutdude
troutdude
You will always remember that first salmon! Not to mention that the one the kid is holding; looks bigger than he is!!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
You will always remember that first salmon! Not to mention that the one the kid is holding; looks bigger than he is!!!

yes, full marks, that dude has long-arming perfected! :D

S
sapo
@rogerdodger and troutdude ya, lol!!

I
igquick
Great job man!!!Keep up the good work!

bass
bass
Thanks for the report. Great pics.

S
sapo
The guy who took me out just went again today...in fact is still fishing. It's flat calm water out there right now. They have put 10 in the boat so far today, and still fishing. However, my friend hooked onto a huge fish, which, after a long fight, popped the reel OFF his rod!! They were about to net the fish, but right before they net it a seal/sea lion took the fish. :yikes: However, fishing is excellent there.