Bull trout fishing picking up.

C
ckkoch09
Hello all,

After having a pretty slow November and most of December the fishing for bull trout has picked up for me at least. I spent 2 days there fishing on December 31st and the 1st and picked up 2 real nice bulls the 1st day and got 1 and lost 1 the second day. It was good fishing and some of the guys fishing did better than me.

S
steelhead_slayer
Good to hear.I'm still catching some in the Metolius. Were you fishing pretty deep?

C
ckkoch09
I was fishing 45-60ft deep.

N
nimzrock
Perfect timing on the post . I will be house sitting for best friends living in Tumalo the end of the month into Febuary and I was planning on taking my buddies toon and motor up to LBC. I will have my little fish finder on board but my question is , how much weight should I use to get my trolling rig down to them ? We normally troll (shallow) 6 pound line in the spring and summer , so should I bump up to 10 or 12 for the depth and weight ? I appreciate any help as I am moving to the Bend area in August and look forward to meeting fellow Off'ers . Tight lines - Nimz

C
ckkoch09
I set up all my trolling rods the same way with 12lb test all the time. I have caught some on downriggers at 45-60 ft but the majority of them have been on 2-3 oz wieghts let out 75ft behind the boat. Silver dogers or purple flasher trailing cut herring have produced the most fish. I cut herring for a fast spin and try to keep the boat between 1.0-1.5 mph. I also do the best in the middle of the lake. Hope that helps.

Reactions: FishFinger