Buisness/fishing

B
brentcolorado
hello all,
i'm coming out to portland for a buisness trip, more importantly i'm brining my fishing poles. i would like some advice of where to go for some steelhead and trout fishing 10/26-30/15. what are the travel times looking like at 430 in the afternoon weekdays from Kelly point park to barton park.

F
FishNinja
I woulda say kelly point to Barton would be about 1hr 15 min to 1hr 30min. There should still be some summers left for you. As well as maybe a few coho.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

B
brentcolorado
thank you for your reply, i'm working in the kelley park area, what would be some suggested areas to fish that i could get to before dark if i leave work at 4:30pm

D
DrTheopolis
FishNinja said:
I woulda say kelly point to Barton would be about 1hr 15 min to 1hr 30min.

In a helicopter, maybe.

D
DrTheopolis
Not trout or steelhead, but you can C&R sturgeon right there at Kelley Point.

F
FishNinja
DrTheopolis said:
In a helicopter, maybe.
No a helicopter would take like 8 minutes... I drive it at five almost everyday. It's only 35 miles. With traffic it usually takes an hour and twenty minutes.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

W
wils
FishNinja said:
It's only 35 miles. With traffic it usually takes an hour and twenty minutes.

:yikes:

and native PNWers laugh at SoCal traffic? :lol:

D
DrTheopolis
wils said:
and native PNWers laugh at SoCal traffic?

Well, we are talking pretty much the 2 extremes of the metro area. Kelley Point is as far west as Beaverton and many miles north, and Barton is way far to the Southeast.

A
adamg
brentcolorado said:
hello all,
i'm coming out to portland for a buisness trip, more importantly i'm brining my fishing poles. i would like some advice of where to go for some steelhead and trout fishing 10/26-30/15. what are the travel times looking like at 430 in the afternoon weekdays from Kelly point park to barton park.

the sandy river (off i84 in troudale) is close and should have some fish scattered around, coho and native chinook as well as some summer steelhead hidin out goodluck