Building lures

C
Combat Chuck
Somehow I missed seeing that last post earlier. I finished one with some small needle nose pliers but Im probably gonna go get some split ring ones now. Here is a picture of my very first one. I kept it simple on purpose so I could learn. I picked up a paint set though so I hope to be cranking out many more of these.

Troutski
Troutski
Use it ?

Use it ?

Combat Chuck said:
Somehow I missed seeing that last post earlier. I finished one with some small needle nose pliers but Im probably gonna go get some split ring ones now. Here is a picture of my very first one. I kept it simple on purpose so I could learn. I picked up a paint set though so I hope to be cranking out many more of these.

Did you ever use it, catch anything with it ? My first lure I every made was a spinner, and the amount of fish I caught on that thing before I ever tied it on,in my mind was amazing ...the day I finely got out on the river to try it out; my first cast I got hung up on the bottom and lost it.:redface:.all I could do was shake my head and smile. Just tied another one on and didn't go quite as deep...:redface: I believe it was a PenTec gold spinner about a half oz.
If there is no one around to laugh at you, then it is your obligation to laugh at yourself... ;)

Chuck

S
specreck
My first home made lure was when I spent two months backpacking hawaii. I was hiking along a fresh water stream and i had my diving mask on me. We came to this deep pool of water and I took a look with my mask and there were huge monster bass everwhere!! I took some dental floss, saftey needle for line and hook, bent the needle into a hook like shape. Then I cut my shoelace and placed it on my needlehook. WHile I was in the water I would cast my dental floss and I could watch the bass attack my bait. Every time I would go to set the hook my satey needel/hook would bend out. I was so far back country these fish have prob. never seen a lure before. I want to go back to that creek so BAD...when a real pole next time!

C
carl hungis
chech out....

chech out....

check out Big moby tackle based out of Forest Grove. The guy is very informative and has a wide selection of gear. He can also order about anything. I had the guy custom paint a bunch of blades. They were the best quality I have found. And cheao to boot

T
tnffishman
man osmosis nice diagram:clap: