Buena Vista boat ramp upgrades/closure FYI

C_Run
C_Run
Polk County Press Release - April 21st, 2022
Press Release
The construction for the Buena Vista Park & Boat Launch will be starting in May 2022. The park and boat launch will be closed from 5/23/2022 - 9/30/2022 with no option to put in or pull out any motorized or non-motorized water crafts.
Polk County was awarded approximately $1.6 million in grants to fund this project. The work being completed includes repairs to the lower parking area, realignment of the boat launch, the addition of a second bathroom facility, and the addition of a floating dock.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, we are very excited to see these much needed repairs and updates coming to the Buena Vista Park.

Reactions: rogerdodger and Admin
E
Eazy-E
wow i bank fish at that park all the time, thank you for posting this.

troutdude
troutdude
Good lookin' out @C_Run.

Hard to believe that it'll take FOUR months to do that work though. Sheesh.

Reactions: C_Run
C_Run
C_Run
It's pretty major. They bought some land next to the park to expand and the whole ramp is going to be reconfigured.

• Wow
Reactions: troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
@C_Run We've talked about fishing from the freeway to Buena Vista. I guess we'll have to put it off another year. That would make about what? 10 years we've put it off? LOL

• Haha
C_Run
C_Run
Fishing seems like a distant memory anymore.

E
Eazy-E
did some fishing down the road from beuna vista last night, so I stopped by the park on my way home. water was super high but took a current pic of the ramp anyways:
20220504_190937_HDR.jpg

D
DG1959
The river is running super high right now.

E
Eazy-E
it bumped up quite a bit, I went there yesterday and the rivers all the way up in the parking lot!

C_Run
C_Run
Update for anyone interested. They started last May and ripped up the old asphalt and then quit and put up some barricades. All summer long nothing has been done. People have parked up above and carried their canoes and kayaks down or even driven around the barricades and launched. My friend called the county a couple of months ago and they said they were waiting for low water to continue with the work on the ramp. However nothing has been done since May. There was one high water event at the time but the river dropped to its usual low level for the summer, still no work done. Now it is September when they are supposed to be getting done and the water has started to rise again with releases from all the dams and it won't be going down again this year. I have no idea what's been going on with that project but the plans they published looked very promising. Don't try launching anything from the ferry landings, it's highly frowned upon and there are plenty of signs saying so.

C_Run
C_Run
So they went with a different contractor this year and got done in October. It's ready to use.

Reactions: troutdude and SparkyofSoCal
troutdude
troutdude
Top Bottom