Brownlee Res. in June

F
fenderbender
I am planning on a trip to Brownlee Res. in Early June. I have always fished it it in late July or August. Does anyone out there fish it in June? I know that the catfish are smokin in August:D Thanks for info.

W
Webwader
I have fished it several times in June. Crappie should be biting real good and so should bass. We don't fish for cats but catch them fairly regularly when crappie fishing.

J
joesnuffy
the same fish are available year round at brownlee. June should be a good time for trout as well as the crappie and bass.

T
t welch
brownlee

brownlee

I, have never fished Brownlee Res. We are planning a trip there, in mid July, is this a good or bad time to go there? I would like to get some Perch & Crappie, Also is there a good motel in Richland Or.???
t.w.
(new member)

J
joesnuffy
It's hit and miss right now. Some people are catching fish, others are not. I pulled another nice catfish out of there on Sunday. then i put it back in :p

Most activity seems to be down at the Powder River arm of it. I've been fishing on the upper end.

W
Webwader
Just got home from Brownlee today. Two buddys and I were there for four and a half days of fishing fun. The three of us caught 1,472 crappie, of which over 1,400 went back in the water. We kept and cleaned about 20 each. The bass were much less common and smaller than usual. There was a B.A.S.S. qualifying tournament there this weekend and of 11 teams, only 3 boats weighed in fish on the first day and only one boat had a limit. They were weighed in and gone by the time we came in Sunday so we don't know how that day went. Perch were nowhere to be found. The bluegill were scarcer than normal but nice size in the 7-8" range. Didn't find any pumpkinseed either. I hooked a 28 1/4" carp while fishing for crappie with my light rod and 6 lb line. We had to chase it with the boat until it tired so it wouldn't spool the reel.

Big_Carp.jpg

J
joesnuffy
WOW! Awesome fish to catch anytime but on light tackle, that's F'n crazy.

Hope you wern't put off by the fine (cough cough) weather we've been having over here.

W
Webwader
joesnuffy said:
WOW! Awesome fish to catch anytime but on light tackle, that's F'n crazy.

Hope you wern't put off by the fine (cough cough) weather we've been having over here.

The weather really didn't bother us too much. We got none of the thunder and lightning and it never rained really hard. The clouds and rain kept the temps at a reasonable level. We figured it beat 100 degrees in the shade when there ain't no shade. We've been there and done that.

J
joesnuffy
Were you here this last weekend? how did you like all of the Bikers on the road for the "Hell's Canyon Rally"?

W
Webwader
We were up too early for the bikers so we missed them on the road. We were at the Hitching Post Motel in Richland and there were several there but they were pretty quiet. Had some bass tournament guys there too.

R
rich
heading out friday for the weekend will nite and day fish cats and crappie also troll for cats and bass